TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**Tao of Bamboo Original Chinese Brush
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop

Tao of Bamboo Original Chinese Brush Painting Represents Virtue Uprightness and Gentleness

Original traditional Chinese brush painting by Ren Adams (An Rui Ning)
Signed
Matted
Art size: slightly larger than 8 x 10
Mat size: 11 x 14 standard

Chinese brush painting is traditionally done on rice paper using hand-ground charcoal-based inks. Traditional Taoist paintings also use simple, stark white backgrounds to allow the subject matter to be completely present.

In Chinese brush painting, bamboo is considered a desirable, important subject. It's one of the four gentlemen of calligraphy and it represents virtue, gentleness, and uprightness.

This is an original painting done on Chinese xuan paper, using hand-ground inks (I ground them myself). Painting is signed with my name signature chop (stamp) and my mood signature (The Way to the Tao is not Difficult).

("Taoism" refers to a school of Chinese religious philosophy. Taoism is the origin of Zen Buddhism).

Artwork is slightly larger than 8 x 10 and is matted using archival quality, museum-safe acid and lingin free materials. The mat frame is 11 x 14. Painting can be hung as  is, with the stylish mat alone, or can also be inserted into an 11 x 14 frame.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5780133