TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Some call online shopping "the ultimate liberating experience"...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...I say get a life if online shopping is the most liberating experience in your life. :imptongue:

Quote:One's home has long been one's castle, but life behind the walls has never been so inviting. Thanks to the modern marketplace, whose laws are written by human behavior, it is now possible to live at a level of comfort and convenience that medieval royalty could never have imagined. Consider Nancy Thomas, mother of two, dedicated online shopper, self-described e-mail junkie and loyal customer of Netflix and Peapod, the home-delivery grocery service run by Stop & Shop's parent company...

"There's a great deal of retreating into ourselves," says Marian Salzman, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of advertising agency JWT Worldwide. With so much beyond individual control -- add pet food now to the list -- some people have come to believe "the only environment that I can program completely is my living room," she adds...

April Masini, author and advice columnist says: "It used to be fashionable to be out and about, but after herpes, AIDS and STDs made the sexual freedom of the '60s a far-and-distant memory, behavior modified and everyone started spending more time where it was safe -- at home...

full article: http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/FYHm...ence.xhtml

Quote:...I say get a life if online shopping is the most liberating experience in your life. :imptongue:

I say don't get a life. Increase your spending!!!  Laughing7
It's a time saver.  I don't find it liberating.
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=9403.msg50404#msg50404 date=1177295897]
It's a time saver.  I don't find it liberating.
[/quote]

It is liberating in the sense that it frees up your time, enabling you to do other things.  Big Grin
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=9403.msg50343#msg50343 date=1177275871]
I say don't get a life. Increase your spending!!!  Laughing7
[/quote]

Very good advice.  Lol