TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: When it comes to online fraud, eCommerce has a "Shoot the Messenger" Strategy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From BuySafe CEO Steve Woda's blog:

Quote:When it comes to online fraud, the e-commerce industry seems to hate looking itself in the mirror.  Specifically, e-commerce executives cringe at the mere mention of the existence of online fraud.  Their first reaction is almost always to blame the messenger for sharing tough information about the industry rather than actually tackling the core issues driving the online fraud that victimizes consumers for millions of dollars every day...

I often the hear the following question from execs almost verbatim:

"Don't you think that by talking about online fraud you are blowing the issue up way beyond proportion and scaring consumers away from e-commerce?"

When I hear that question, I cringe because it displays a fundamental lack of wisdom.  Wake up everybody!

Today, more than 50% of all online surfers don't buy ANY merchandise online!  That is a ridiculously high number, and when surveyed, these non-buyer internet surfers overwhelmingly cite distrust of and nervousness about e-commerce transactions...

full article: http://blog.swoda.com/blog/2007/04/the_shoot_the_m.html