TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**Poetry Collage Workplace Drama Office Theme Crimson Beesw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop

Poetry Collage Workplace Drama Office Theme Crimson Beeswax Art Original

Original Poetry & Beeswax Collage by Ren Adams
Size: 4 1/2" x 4 3/4"

This rustic, natural Beeswax Collage ACEO card features splashes of wax pigments and an original poem by me, "Untitled"

The poem reads:

The guy who sits
behind me
is a spy

His eyes
Follow my typing
My Screen
My motions
To grab some
Tea

My head
is transparent

His eyes
Harvest movement
--calculate
--process
then deliver
to the Boss

If you've ever worked in an office, you'll know what it's like to have the office snoop leering over your shoulder while you type. This dark and "bloody" collage was done with found object ephemera, wax pigment paint, natural Beeswax, and a snippet from one of my mars landscapes.

This is also a recycle art piece, which uses a bit of highly pressed, dense paperboard as its canvas. It is sealed with a  gloss-finish, archival quality varnish.

About my Poetry
-----------------
I studied poetry and creative writing extensively, with a focus on the Modernist and Beat poets who used imagery as their primary focus (rather than rhyme).

I've been published in literary magazines, which is mostly a labor of love as poetry sure doesn't pay until you're Allen Ginsburg. ;-)

I always wanted to be a novelist, but I ended up studying poetry under Charles Hood, Robert Peters, and Thom Gunn. As Charles Hood once said, "I can't *not* do poetry" I'm the same way. As with art, I can't *not* do it. Until I get a thought down as an expression, it can drive me nuts. :-)

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5835889