TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**Lucky Career Artist Writer Thinker Recycled Art Shrine Ch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buy this item now at Plastic Pumpkin's Etsy shop

Lucky Career Artist Writer Thinker Recycled Art Shrine Chinese Immortal Taoist Buddhist Zen Zhuge Liang

Upcycled Linoleum, ephemera, and original art shrine by Ren Adams (that's me!).

Size: 6" x 9"

Post Zhuge's image in your office or studio to promote luck and growth in your career (writing, art, inventing, planning). He makes a wonderful feng shui shrine and he's also an interesting person from history!

About the Collage
----------------
I used all-natural Michigan beeswax to create this unique, textured collage. It is done on natural Egyptian papyrus paper (which has a linen / reedy feel).

The paper pieces are layered on the papyrus, giving the work a neat texture and feel. I used an image I have previously drawn of Zhuge Liang, printed out on my 8-color dye-based professional photo printer, as well as another found image. He is also collaged with an excerpt from the Tao Teh Ching and splashes of fresh green.

Place this shrine (either hang it or lean it) in the northeast corner of your office, workspace, or art studio to invite career, business, and growth luck. It also helps to open your mind and your creativity, because Zhuge Liang was a very clever writer, inventor, and strategist. Place him in the Northwest corner of that same room to invite luck in your artwork, creativity, inspiration, writing, and crafting.

Even if you don't "do" feng shui, he's a beautiful portrait based on a legendary figure from Chinese history. He would look stylish with any type of decor.

The collage is sealed with an archival, matte varnish and still has a fresh honey smell to it.

About Zhuge Liang
-------------------

Zhuge Liang is a prominent figure in Chinese legend and history. Born in the year 181 A.D.E., this thoughtful, brilliant, devoted, and kind-hearted strategist was renowned for his wisdom and craft. He lived during the Three Kingdoms era of Chinese history, and served as the strategist for Liu Bei and the Shu kingdom; the kingdom which fought for the rights of the people.

Zhuge was considered a genius, but he tempered his brilliance with compassion and balance. A master of Taoist arts and Confuscian (Gong Fu Tsu) thought, he was famous for his wise strategies which tried to push back enemy forces without killing them, whenever possible. He wanted to preserve lives, harmony, and balance.

He was an inventor, a poet, scholar, engineer, and prime minister, among many other things. He's credited with the invention of the hot air balloon (Still represented on Chinese New Year by the Kongming lantern, which looks like his hat), the repeating crossbow, the wooden ox (an early wheelbarrow) and numerous other things.

Zhuge Liang's writings are included in the Taoist canon of literature. There are even temples and shrines devoted to him throughout China.

Feng Shui practitioners and Taoists often use images or statues of Zhuge Liang to bring luck in literature, writing, planning, and career luck (among other things).

Some of the many things Zhuge Liang invented include the hot air balloon (an ancient prototype), the repeating crossbow, certain types of dim sum (food), many different mechanical devices, and other goodies!

Signed and dated on back by Plastic Pumpkin artist Ren Adams.

All artwork is carefully packed for safe shipment.

Buy this item now at Plastic Pumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5878316