TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Mother's Day Advertising: Mom-friendly Comparison Shopping Engines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From ChannelAdvisor Scot Wingo's CSE Strategies blog:

Quote:# TheFind — Subtle and tasteful promo on the front page.  Stylish compilation pages and good concentration on food vs. clothing and other goods.  Once you click on an item, TheFind directs you to their standard comparison shopping grid treatment (which I believe is executed extremely well).  Humorous headlines, too ("Support Her Social Drinking"...they should have a keg or something).  Overall, I believe this effort seems seamless and is very well done.
# Bizrate — Nice product mix (Bluetooth headsets and earrings in one place) and simple, straightforward presentation.  A clickthrough yields the typical CSE experience.  I think Bizrate executed well on bringing attention to the "special" store with a pink "Mother's Day" nav button.
# Shopzilla — Same pink button stickout as Bizrate.  Again, simple and effective.  Shopzilla pulls it together better, I think, with their product categories.  Ooh, and they offer the "Ex Voodoo Knife Set."  Um...I'm sold.

full article: http://www.csestrategies.com/cse/2007/05...shoul.html