TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 5 Social News and Bookmarking Mistakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Here are a few common and basic social media news and bookmarking mistakes to watch out for:

1. Submitting press releases to social news sites. This is social media suicide, but there are marketers and PR practitioners out there endorsing the submission of press releases to social news as if it’s the same thing as submitting press releases to news search engines. It’s not the same thing at all...

2. Add every social bookmarking icon you can think of to the bottom of your blog posts, just to be thorough. Bzzzt, wrong answer! Adding too many bookmark icons will only confuse or annoy the visitor giving the impression that the blog is desperate...

full article: http://www.toprankblog.com/2007/04/five-...okmarking/
Quote:Add every social bookmarking icon you can think of to the bottom of your blog posts, just to be thorough.

We have 4 icons and a more link on our product detail pages.
Quote:Adding too many bookmark icons will only confuse or annoy the visitor giving the impression that the blog is desperate...

I agree---and, the page looks too cluttered, as well. Tongue
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=10353.msg52287#msg52287 date=1178500663]
Quote:Adding too many bookmark icons will only confuse or annoy the visitor giving the impression that the blog is desperate...

I agree---and, the page looks too cluttered, as well. Tongue
[/quote]

Tongue2

I just installed a bookmarking mod on the TH blog...now I'm trying to go through the 50+ sites that came with it and narrow it down to 10-15.
Another mistake that most of the people do while working on social media is that they don't follow up their submission