TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: AuctionBytes Critique My Site: Old River Rat Driftwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations on the coverage.  Headbang

Quote:Deb said in comparing her eBay sales to those on her own website, everything is the same as far as product cost, time invested, etc. "The main difference is my eBay fees were approximately $150 (now $50) per month, while my hosting fees are only $24.95. (This is amount could be even less if I had selected a lower cost hosting package)." In April 2007, Deb and Ernie calculated sales for the previous 30 days and discovered 25% came from eBay while 75% came from their own website.

As website sales become more important to Deb and Ernie, they are looking for feedback on how to improve their site.

Deb said, "The main thing we'd probably like feedback on is there anything that turns people off and makes you want to leave. Also, if there is any information they would like to see on the site that we haven't included."..

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y207...bu0190/s04

the website: http://www.adriftwood.com/
Congrats on the coverage!! Thumbsup

First of all, I have to say that your site looks absolutely fabulous!!! You did a wonderful job on it, and I very much enjoyed checking it out!

The only thing I found which I felt should be changed, is your off-site linking. Each ext. link that I clicked on, both in the store and on your blog, takes your customer away from your site to someone else's site. If it were me, I would change this so that your off-site links open in a new tab or a new window.

Best of luck to you! :turkey1:

As a former husband of a rather large blackwater aquarium, I can say this site looks A-1, easy to spend a considerable amount of time browsing (and buying!) there.  Great job!

Cheers

Icon_thumright Icon_thumright Icon_thumright

Way to go Rat!! I love looking at your site but I just can't bring myself to having cold slithery pets to warrant buying from you.  Crybaby2
Deb
Love4 Love4 Love4

You know already that I have the upmost respect for you as a person. You also are an excellent business woman with savvy, guts, and a heart as big as gold.

Congrats on the article. That is impressive stuff my friend.
Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy
Quote:The only thing I found which I felt should be changed, is your off-site linking.

I'd dump the Google Ads on the store.  You stand to lose more in sales from having them than you'll gain in ad revenues.

Quote:Congrats on the article. That is impressive stuff my friend.

:ditto:
Mandy - Thank you for posting this!  I always appreciate the additional opportunity for input.  Icon_biggrin

I told Ina we'd probably be losing our eBay PS status by the time this came out because we've managed to pull most of the business to our website.  I'm expecting the email any day now.  Breaks my heart.....NOT!  Happy001  Happy001  Happy001

BellisimaJ. -  Thank you so much for the compliments.  And I also want to thank you for reminding me to fix those links!  It was one of those things I meant to go back and do, but had completely forgotten about it.  Notworthy

FiberGuy  -  That's exactly the reaction I was hoping for!! Thank You!  Toothy9

Sherrand  -  I understand completely!!  We're hoping to appeal to the non-slithery pet people by adding 'home decor' type stuff made out of driftwood soon ....soon as I can lock the Old Rat in the basement and get him to make some.  Happy001  Happy001  Happy001

Chiquita  -  What can I say.... Love4  Love4  Love4  Notworthy  You give me way too much credit and if you keep saying such nice things, how can I ever keep up my reputation as a naysaying, infiltrating, morally bankrupt miscreant troll?!?!  :blinkie:  Happy001  Happy001  Happy001

Regic  -  Thanks!  I'd debated on the Google Ads when I first set up the site.  They really don't bring in any revenue at all and I wondered if they might actually be detrimental. 

[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=10426.msg52348#msg52348 date=1178548787]

The only thing I found which I felt should be changed, is your off-site linking. Each ext. link that I clicked on, both in the store and on your blog, takes your customer away from your site to someone else's site. If it were me, I would change this so that your off-site links open in a new tab or a new window.

[/quote]

Fixed!  I think I got them all.  Thumbsup

[quote author=regic link=topic=10426.msg52383#msg52383 date=1178567818]

I'd dump the Google Ads on the store.  You stand to lose more in sales from having them than you'll gain in ad revenues.

[/quote]

Removed them.  Thumbsup

I really appreciate all the compliments and advice.  Thanks everyone!!    Notworthy  Notworthy  Notworthy