TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: O.J. Kicked to the Curb by Restaurateur Jeff Ruby Before Derby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:- Jeff Ruby isn't shy around celebrities.

The restaurateur is known for cultivating friendships with the famous people who visit his steakhouses, a list that includes Kid Rock, Star Jones and Rick Pitino.

But on the eve of Saturday's Kentucky Derby, Ruby drew the line at the infamous when O.J. Simpson walked into his Louisville restaurant without a reservation.
Click here to find out more!

"I just went over the to table (and) I looked at him and said, 'I'm not serving you,' and he just sat there and looked at me," Ruby said. "I said it again, I said, 'I'm not serving you.'"

Simpson, who was acquitted in criminal court in 1995 of the murder of his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ron Goldman, has eaten at other Ruby steakhouses. In fact, his photo used to be on the wall at one of them.

"His picture was on the wall but I took it down because I believe he murdered those people," Ruby said. "He beheaded the wife, the mother of his children."

Ruby said Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer, was a good sport as he left the Louisville steakhouse, but his date started making a scene, saying it's a free country.

"After she got done, in my face with, 'It's a free country,' I said, 'Listen, you're blonde – if I was you, you better be careful. He might slit your throat,'" Ruby said. "Then she went into the not guilty verdict."

Ruby said patrons gave him a standing ovation after Simpson was booted.

"I was a linebacker in high school and college," Ruby said. "But I never tackled O.J. Simpson."

Ruby said he had no regrets.

"I felt good for the Goldmans and the Brown family," he said.

Ruby said that when Simpson left, Michael Jordan walked in with a party of 30 and took his table.

Simpson attorney Yale Galanter said the incident was about race, and he intends to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license

http://www.news4jax.com/entertainment/13...etail.html
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=10541.msg52741#msg52741 date=1178848663]
Ruby said that when Simpson left, Michael Jordan walked in with a party of 30 and took his table.[/quote]
While the restraunt owner may have gone overboard with his comments, it seems he was well rewarded for standing on principle. The sad thing is that Simpson is still able to find women companions, women who apparently are able to completely deny what is right in front of them...
("But inside he is a good man -- I just know it")

[quote author=BellisimaJ]Simpson attorney Yale Galanter said the incident was about race, and he intends to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.[/quote]
Somehow I think Michael Jordan felt welcome there.

Quote:The sad thing is that Simpson is still able to find women companions, women who apparently are able to completely deny what is right in front of them...

Wave  Hi, accentnepal----good to see you!

Any woman who would go anywhere near Simpson has to have very low self-esteem or has the iq of a rock!
I was thrilled to hear about what Ruby did. If more people did the same, it would at least be some sort of retribution. Simpson still receives a $4 mill annual pension from the NFL, money that civil courts can not touch. He has it pretty good considering that he beheaded the mother of his children and killed her friend.

I wish I would run in to him. Angryfire
Wave  Hi, 'Belle'!!!

BellisimaJ Wrote:Any woman who would go anywhere near Simpson has to have very low self-esteem or has the iq of a rock!
It is not IQ. Perhaps you could say low self-esteem. But I would say deeply ingrained cultural patterns, twisted from their proper shape.

I met a lady a couple years ago who had previously had issues with violent men. She was a most inteligent and spiritually accomplished woman, although the spiritual part may have come after.

Her perspective was that there are deep connections between sex and aggression, inherited as part of our animal nature. The sequence is fight fight fight submit. It is easily seen in the behavior of dogs in heat, and I know couples who have huge arguements only to end up in each others arms.  Perhaps the dog snaps at her future partner to establish equality?

Many women go from one violent relationship to another, or continue to return to a man who will hurt them. They are trying to establish the fight part of the mating dance, but it goes far beyond the play/ritual fight healthy for our species and they end up in the emergency room yet again.

Obviously there is a line between healthy relationships and violent ones, but they are built of the same materials.

Quote:Perhaps you could say low self-esteem. But I would say deeply ingrained cultural patterns, twisted from their proper shape.

Most women I know who have been abused were abused as children. Maybe they seek it out for that reason, but I do believe it has to do with low self-esteem, perhaps caused by abusive or unresponsive parents.
Simpson is not an abusive male, IMO. He is a sociopathic murderer. It would take a denial of reality and total idiocy (JMHO  Smile  ) for a woman who has any sense of her own worth to have anything to do with him. You could literally offer me a million bucks and I still would not go out with the sadistic, sexist pr*ick for so much as an hour in public.
Quote:Obviously there is a line between healthy relationships and violent ones, but they are built of the same materials.

I agree that there is that fine line, just as there is a fine line between love and hate.  Tongue

EditConfusedpelling correction