TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Low Cost CardService International (Linkpoint gateway) and Merchant Plus (Authorize.net gateway) Merchant Accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The lowest monthly fees we've seen so far for a CardService International (Linkpoint gateway) merchant account

No Setup Fees
$15/Month Merchant Account Service Fee & Secure Payment Gateway Access Fee
2.39% VISA/MasterCard Discount Rate.
$0.30/Transaction Fee - Includes $0.05 Address Verification Security
$10/Monthly Minimum Processing Fee

More Details Here

Apply For An Account Here

Quote:Key benefits to having your own merchant account:

1. Gain respect and prestige for your company.

2. Deal directly with your customer. Cut out the PayPal middleman.

3. Fees about the same as PayPal for smaller businesses and can actually save you money for medium and large businesses.

4. Reduce confusion in the customers mind by not sending them to a third party billing service.

5. Gain repeat business because your company name is on the customers' credit card statement reminding them of where they bought their merchandise.

6. Gain your freedom and get out from under PayPal's thumb. Run your business the way you want without fear of offending someone at PalPal.
I got to say I love it so far.
Now over 90% of my customers pay via my MA.
There is NO ebay PP logos all over the place and I have actually already got repeat customers
for some nice size orders too.

I love the fact that AVS shows me that I'm not dealing with a fraud and that
I have FULL rights and disclosure in the event there is a problem.

And I’m not worrying about offending someone at PayPal or ebay either.

It’s great. Thumbsup

Oh and one real BIG thing I LOVE.
REAL customer service.
So far I'm very happy and my PP account looks like a ghost town.
Sorry feebay less fees for you.  Thebirdman
[quote[Now over 90% of my customers pay via my MA.[/quote]

About the same as ours (except on eBay where its only 40%...and Overstock over 80%).
On ebay I’m still probably running about 50 50 but overall PP numbers are going down.
That’s because I can't figure out how to STOP the EOA e mails ebay generates that shoves PP
in the e mail for the customer to pay.

I also think the Yellow “PAY ME NOW” banner is very tacky.

On a note on that (PAY ME NOW). I get a copy of the e mail ebay sends too
and when ever I click on the PP  "PAY ME NOW" link ,
the page wont come up. Get an error page or it is just blank.

So I send a follow up invoice as well and give the customers the ability to pay with all options.
With out screaming at them to PAY ME NOW.  LOL

How do I get them to STOP sending out “the EOA e mails ebay generates
that shoves PP in the e mail for the customer to pay”?

Anyone know????
Quote:How do I get them to STOP sending out “the EOA e mails ebay generates
that shoves PP in the e mail for the customer to pay”?

You don't.  Sad
I kind of figured that.
One more reason why ebay sux pretty bad.
They have NO problem soliciting their BRANDS but you better not solicit YOUR brands.

With a partner like that, I can see why so many have and continue to diversify.
:Smile

Merchant account is beneficial if you are going to process more than $1000 atleast pm otherwise 3PP should be recommended. I know chronopay.com also offer very reasonable and affordable charges with excellent service and support. I suggest the merchant should not only consider lowest charges, the reliability and good service and support as well important point is to be taken into consideration. .
This one was mentioned in a post on the eBay boards and uses the Authorize.net payment gateway.

MerchantPlus http://www.merchantplus.com

Quote:Application Acceptance Rate  True 98%
Authorize.net Setup Fee FREE
Authorize.net License Fee FREE
Application Fee FREE
Programming Fee FREE
Annual Fee NONE
Discount Rate 2.29%
Transaction Fee $0.25
Statement Fee $9.95
Customer Service Fee FREE
Internet Gateway Fee (Choose Authorize.net OR NaviGate) $7.95
Gateway Transactions (First 250 are FREE each month!) $.05
Credit Restrictions Not an Issue

Monthly minimum $25
Thanks, BBH!  I just got my official approval from these folks this morning.    Another chunk of change taken away from the Megster. Smile

(I went with the Navigate gateway.  I don't remember why but it seemed like a good idea at the time and it says it can work with any Authorize.net set up.  We'll see.  :-)) 

[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=830.msg9165#msg9165 date=1139589056]
Thanks, BBH!  I just got my official approval from these folks this morning.   
[/quote]

If you're accepting Amex it will take 2-3 days for them to activate the Amex processing...so you might want to wait until early next week before putting Amex in your listings.

We opened an account on Monday because we wanted to switch from the LinkPoint gateway to Authorize.net (which we used from '99-'02) because it works with more software programs...including Marketworks.

Pages: 1 2