TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Read This Before Opening An eBay Store
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From Randy Smythe:

Quote:I never thought I would say this about eBay Stores/Shops because I love the concept and they are the only place left on eBay to feel like an independent seller but what I am seeing coming down the pike isn’t pretty. If you currently have a store and can make a reasonable profit, I would of course recommend that you stay but if you are considering opening a new store, my suggestion is to wait. Wait until eBay figures out what they want to be when they grow-up.

I am seeing a disturbing trend for eBay sellers. It is the homogenization (such a big word) of eBay. It appears eBay management wants to look and feel like a big online retailer. I believe management is concerned that buyers are beginning to migrate to sites like Amazon in increasing numbers -- this is certainly the case in the Media category – so they are pulling out all of the stops to keep that from happening...

full article: http://rksmythe.blogspot.com/2007/05/are...store.html
Quote:It appears eBay management wants to look and feel like a big online retailer.

Ebay Express...
Ebay Express...
Ebay Express...
Ebay Express sucks.
Quote:Wait until eBay figures out what they want to be when they grow-up.

Happy001

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=10648.msg53212#msg53212 date=1179196483]
Quote:It appears eBay management wants to look and feel like a big online retailer.

Ebay Express...
Ebay Express...
Ebay Express...
Ebay Express sucks.
[/quote]

Every fixed price venue eBay has tried, including eBay Stores has sucked.

edit: Half was good...until eBay bought it.