TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Why you should choose Yahoo Stores over eBay Stores
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From Randy Smythe's new blog SellerEvangelist.com:

Quote:Additionally:
It is interesting to note that both PayPal and Shopping.com are eBay owned companies and you get a better promotional deal with Yahoo Stores than you do with eBay Stores.

Also, with a Yahoo store you can still use eBay for Auctions but instead of considering Auctions as advertising (it is difficult to move eBay customers off site) you should sell only the items that will convert well and are profitable. A side benefit is that over time some of these customers may choose to buy directly from your Yahoo Store.

One last benefit:
With Yahoo stores your hosting fees can rise based on the number of additional features and increased sales but your FVF's will decrease allowing you to scale your business...

full article: http://sellerevangelist.blogspot.com/200...tores.html
Maybe they have changed ....
I triied a Yahoo store several years ago. It was an expensive mistake.  The store itself cost a lot, seems like $50 per month, plus a per item fee. There was no Paypal then and their lapdog processor, Paymentech, cost another $100. The store layout was very restrictive.

But the big issue was that you were not shown in Yahoo SERPS, only in Yahoo store search, which nobody knew about. I got about one hit per day and pulled the plug quickly. At Ebay I do not run auctions, my stuff is niche enough that people find my store without advertising.
Quote:Why you should choose Yahoo Stores over eBay Stores

Umm, can we change the thread title?

Suggestions:
Why you should choose Make-A-Store over Yahoo Stores and ProStores and eBay Stores
Why you should choose Volusion over Yahoo Stores and ProStores and eBay Stores

Another possibility:
Why you should choose MonsterCommerce over Yahoo Stores and ProStores and eBay Stores

Reasons I would never use Yahoo Stores (or ProStores):

1. The final sales fee.  Why pay an FVF when there are so many (better) solutions with no FVF?
2. Yahoo Stores $299 monthly top of the line store offers fewer features than Volusion's $99 store.  Yahoo has fallen behind its competitors in implementing new features.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Related to this topic :
14 minute Auctionbytes podcast interview with Yahoo's Director of E-commerce discussing the wonders of Yahoo Stores (I'm guessing, I didn't actually listen to it. Smile ):
http://podcast.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/...89146.html