TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Getting Started with Zen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Zone Rates or Quantity Discounts maybe?
I see there is actually a mod that will do just that, minus the combined shipping. I don't know where to install mods tho lol.
I'm looking at the zone rates.. I think it might work, but I'm not positive. This stuff looks like greek to me lol.
So the zone rates was good until...

Quote:By default, the module comes with support for 3 zone. This can be easily changed by editing the Zones Shipping Module file.

includes/ modules/ shipping/ zones.php

// CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED
      $this->num_zones = 3;
    }
So i changed the 3 to 5 and it added more fields but it won't save it in the database.
try uninstalling the zone mod and then reinstalling it.
ok that worked. now how's about if I download a mod? Where do I install it?
[quote author=princessmirandajo link=topic=10789.msg53803#msg53803 date=1179517399]
ok that worked. now how's about if I download a mod? Where do I install it?
[/quote]

You usually have to upload them by FTP. If the mod makes changes to an existing file you'll need to manually edit the file and add the changes.

Your cart has these mods already installed:
Quote:ZenCart 1.37
----------------------
Ultimate SEO Urls v.2.103
Image Handler 2 v. 2.0 v0916
Zen Lightbox v 1.3
Backup MYSQL Plugin v. 1.2110
Paypal Sessions Viewer v. 2.0
Ask A Question v 1.7
Easy Populate v 1.2.5.4
Google Froogle Feeder v 1.33a
Social Bookmarking v 1.4
Order Steps - Tableless v. 2.0
RSS 2.0 Feed
Recover Cart Sales v 1.6
Return Authorization v 2.03a
Sales Report v 2.0 rev 104
Super Orders v 2.0 rev 45
Ty Package Tracker v 2.2b
Cross Sell v 1.31
Email Archive Manager v 1.2
Quantity Discounts v 1.4
Privacy & Condition Statements v 1.1
About Us Page v 1.3
Link Partners Page v. 1.3
Quick Updates v 2.0
I wish my cart had come installed with all of those!  :blinkie:

Don't know if you still need to know or not, but I use the same USPS API on all of my websites.  It should work.  It was my understanding that once you get the number assigned, you can use it on any of your websites...but I could be wrong.  It wouldn't be the first time!  Happy001  Happy001  Happy001
River, you explained installing a mod to me on the other site, I really just want to install that bookseller's mod, that's all.  I still haven't used an FTP yet, I do everything by search and hand through my file manager.  Very slow, but I'm scared of FTP for some reason lol.

Kirk set up my API on my other website so I don't even know how to do that lol.
Hey Miranda...I felt the same way about FTP until about a year and 7 Zen Carts ago!  Happy001

You can use File Manager, it's just a lot slower.

You do the exact same thing I told you about the Files....just make sure you change all the file names that need to be changed.  Then you should be able to upload them one by one thru your file manager.
Pages: 1 2