TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: What Keeps eBay Up at Night: A Review of Risk Factors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:What Keeps eBay Up at Night: A Review of Risk Factors as Reported in the Company’s Annual Report

Annual reports are marketing tools designed to attract and keep investors, but the section titled "Risk Factors That May Affect Results of Operations and Financial Condition"—a regular feature of these fiscal roundups—balances the picture, and for that reason, I found eBay’s a little unsettling.

In the past, I have been an eBay seller, even a Power Seller, listing mostly vintage stereoviews, as well as antique menus and maps, rare books, ephemera, and other collectibles. And although I know eBay has had its ups and downs—after September 11, my little cottage industry bottomed—I still consider a return to on-line selling to be the fallback position of my writing career. Now I have to wonder if that thinking is sound...

full article: http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/articl...ay1005.htm
That is a GOOD read and easily comprehended by even the most simple minded I would think.

You know there is so much ammunition right in ebays own reports and convoluted polices to be gleamed / used and fired right back at feebay’s PAID cheerleaders or the few  loyalist they still have at their boards.

Yea I do lurk over there from time to time. Sometimes more than I’d like to admit.

I’ve been tempted to go back  in and throw some facts and analysis 
back at them but I realize it is just a waste of time…

When I and some others were actively involved in feebay boards and when I and others did fire back real information we were sent bogus posting policy PINK SLAPS,  had threads or post “deleted” and eventually BLOCKED from posting this REAL information and analysis at all.
We were all doing this to try and effect some positive change for ebay and all of us sellers.

ANY CHANGE AT eBay ANYMORE IS FAR FROM POSATIVE. IMO

Hey…
Anyone else notice a REAL BIG drop in real user participation on feebay’s boards over the last year or so?

I sure have. I do wonder how many lurk, watch in amazement at the bickering,  the snooty little tattle tale types,
the policy know it all’s and the overall transformation of ebay and paypal that so many of us see as negative for all involved.
Quote:ANY CHANGE AT eBay ANYMORE IS FAR FROM POSATIVE. IMO

99% of the time I would agree with that.