TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ebay power seller of electronic JUNK gadgets goes AWOL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Holy crap...

While surfing today, I discovered this:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrpp...erQ5fimage

Did I miss something?

Did they finally get indicted by the FTC?

Did the overseas factories where their junk products are manufactured close shop?

Did they finally get hit with a class-action lawsuit over the thousands of bogus "air cleaners" and "fuzz removers" that they've shipped to unknowing customers?

Did the CEO bolt to the Azores?

Or am I just wishful thinking and they're just remodeling?

Laughing7

the_sharper_image has had a long history of flaunting ebay rules and scamming ebay buyers.  If they're gone for good, they won't be missed....

... oh, except for ebay, which may miss the $5-10K/month of revenue!   Laughing7
Their sales have been in a huge slide for a few quarters so they're probably trying to focus on their main B&M store, catalog, and website businesses without the distraction of eBay.. 

From a press release a few weeks ago:

Quote: April Sales

For the month ended April 30, 2007, total Company sales were $21.3 million compared to $33.1 million in the previous year, a decrease of 36 percent. Total store sales were $14.5 million compared to $16.3 million in the prior April, a decrease of 11 percent. Comparable store sales in April decreased 11 percent. Total catalog sales/direct marketing sales (including wholesale) were $3.6 million compared to last April's $11.5 million, a decrease of 69 percent. Internet sales were $3.2 million compared to last April's $5.3 million, a decrease of 40 percent.

First Quarter Sales

For the first quarter ended April 30, 2007, total Company sales were $65.5 million compared to $104.0 million in the previous year, a decrease of 37 percent. Total store sales for the first quarter were $44.1 million compared to $56.8 million in the prior year, a decrease of 22 percent. Comparable store sales for the quarter decreased 22 percent. Total catalog sales/direct marketing sales (including wholesale) for the quarter were $11.3 million compared to $30.1 million, a decrease of 62 percent. Internet sales for the first quarter were $10.0 million compared to $17.2 million, a decrease of 42 percent.
Quote:For the first quarter ended April 30, 2007, total Company sales were $65.5 million compared to $104.0 million in the previous year, a decrease of 37 percent.

Ouch.
eBay must have forgotten about this page.  It lists S.I.'s feedback as 30,000 (their feedback is now 171,000):

http://pages.ebay.com/sellercentral/sell...image.html