TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Some soft drinks may seriously harm your DNA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: A new health scare erupted over soft drinks last night amid evidence they may cause serious cell damage. Research from a British university suggests a common preservative found in drinks such as Fanta and Pepsi Max has the ability to switch off vital parts of DNA.

The problem - more usually associated with ageing and alcohol abuse - can eventually lead to cirrhosis of the liver and degenerative diseases such as Parkinson's.

The findings could have serious consequences for the hundreds of millions of people worldwide who consume fizzy drinks. They will also intensify the controversy about food additives, which have been linked to hyperactivity in children...

full article: http://news.independent.co.uk/health/article2586652.ece
I have always thought that too much of the fizzy drinks can't be good for your health, and I've never been a huge fan, although I do enjoy a cola now and then.
I never allowed my son to drink pop at home when he was younger. I still don't keep it in the house, although he frequently brings it home.

On the other hand, they tell us that so many things are harmful to our health, and they are very often wrong.
Quote:Some soft drinks may seriously harm your DNA

I turned blue and grew fins after I became a soft drink junkie. :blinkie:
Laughing7