TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Boinktard of the Week (and possibly Year): Bid-A-Lot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PSU is showing Bid-A-Lot's listing count down to 5,948...a few weeks ago it was 40,000 so I'm assuming the 30,000+ drop ship items that were listed by one seller earlier this year were removed.

Falling listing counts however aren't the reason for Bid-A-Lot winning the Boinktard of the Week Award...a very unprofessional announcement on May 13th by the Boinktard owner on the site's forums is the reason.

A few quotes by the Boinktard owner:

Quote:mojavelyn sacked for incompetence
Quote:Its a shame mojavelyn has become very bitter old woman
Quote:She became very delusional

the full post http://www.bid-alot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423

If Bid-A-Lot's owner makes a few more posts like that he might be able to take the Boinktard Site Owner crown away from Boinktard of the Decade Alex Ewe-ey Smile

note: Mojavelyn and I have had our share of disagreements (knock down drag out fights over Bid-A-Lot's potential and the usefulness of -as Dimwit...err Dimview...would say- "Rinky Dinks") and we've also agreed on many things (Moo Talk comes to mind here...) but she is one of the most knowledgeable and dedicated small auction site users around and I'm willing to bet she knows far more about the "ebay alternative" marketplace than Bid-A-Lot's current owner (who bought the site 12/06)...and even if she wasn't as knowledgeable as she is, there is absolutely no excuse for an auction site owner to post the type of announcement about a long-time user/volunteer that Boinktard Bid-a-lot posted.
Quote:there is absolutely no excuse for an auction site owner to post the type of announcement about a long-time user/volunteer that boinktard Bid-a-lot posted.

Good post. I agree.

Bid-a-lot is hardly the type of person most people would want to do business with. Very unprofessional. Violent5
***Good grief!***

The internet may provide anonymity, and hide one's identity... but no matter how hard one may try, it can't hide unprofessionalism.

*** Now, I'm off to post to Sneaky's Memorial Day thread - DANG!  I really didn't want to!!  ***
Quote:The internet may provide anonymity, and hide one's identity

It didn't in this case.  Bid-a-lot's owner posted the user's real name. :blinkie:

Quote:Bid-A-Lot's current owner (who bought the site 12/06)...

He bought it 12/6 and put it up for sale 3 months later.  I think the 30,000 dropship items were a ploy to drive up the offering price.

Quote: (reduced to $60,000 to sell)

http://www.buysellwebsite.com/exchange/d...ction+Site

He claims the site has revenues of $60,000. :Smile His original asking price was $100,000. :Smile

Quote:listing count down to 5,948

My Zen Cart listing count is up to 8,715 Yellowtonguerazz

FYI: Bid-alot appears to be down at the moment.
Thanks BBH, for the kind words.

(Ready for another round? LOL!)

And as far as using my real name, its on the internet anyway. But he could have at least spelled it right.