TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**Shabby Style Japanese Lucky Cat Colla
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shabby Style Japanese Lucky Cat Collage

I love the way this shabby collage turned out. It's done with a rustic style (Trashion is rad; good for the environment, good for your personal space!).

For this one of a kind wax collage, I layered interesting papers and ephemera with wax pigments.

I used bits of origami paper, part of one of my original Chinese brush paintings (a bamboo scroll), and other bits. A lucky Japanese maneki neko (beckoning cat) raises one paw and invites good luck and money (and he's also cute).

This collage was done on recycled cardboard and coated with natural Michigan beeswax. It smells faintly of honey and has been sealed with a clear gloss varnish on the front.

Signed on the back.

6"; x 11"

I think these rustic collages look great propped up on an interesting shelf, or mounted to the wall using nails underneath (allowing it to lean against the wall with the nails propping it up). It can be leaned on a mantle, in a curio cabinet, or using any other display method you can think of.

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6075962