TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**Happy Lotus Double Happiness Original Drawing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy Lotus Double Happiness Original Drawing

Original ink/marker drawing by me, Ren Adams.

The Lotus blossom is a magical flower and it's considered the embodiment of enlightenment, peace, and universal harmony.

The Chinese character for "double happiness" bursts out of the fiery center, bringing harmony and union. Artwork using the double happiness character is widely given as wedding gifts, anniversary presents, and to new couples or to domestic partners--but it is also given to people wanting to increase luck and happiness in their general life or business.

I did this pink lotus in vibrant markers on aged paper. The paper leaf is from an old copy of Shakespeare's MacBeth, which was already falling apart and missing pages (so don't worry, I didn't kill a nice book to get pages from it). :-)

The paper is naturally yellowed and antiqued, with flecked edges and some unique characteristics.

Signed.

Sold unmounted. 4" x 7" (17.5 x 10.5 cm).

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6080465