TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Addicted to eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Am I missing something?

:-[ :-[ :-[

I fixed the item number  Smile  The new one shows the "Listing Duration" changes.

Quote:The seller has revised the following item information:
Date Time Revised Information
Oct-11-05 13:57:44 PDT  Listing Duration
Oct-13-05 13:57:49 PDT  Listing Duration
Oct-15-05 13:57:51 PDT Listing Duration
It is being DONE all over ebay. CHANGING LISTING DURATIOS.
Many DO lurk and NOW so many are doing it as well knowing that the BIG boys are doing it.

Bottom line: It corrupts the buyers search on FEEBAY.

No WONDER so many have left feebay. Buyers and sellers alike.

I'm too glad to accept their $$ at my website where it cost less to process, less to host and it Cost LESS to advertise. (If you don't buy into the whole CPC thing so many companies hope you do)…

It’s really a no brainier folks.
People hit a search engine for a product.
They see ALL the PAID ADS on the right or firsts three or four down the column.

Then: f they HAVE a clue (which my numbers tell me they do).

They WILL and DO GO past that “blather” and get to the REAL sites offering goodies at a reasonable price.
You're good at SEO - are you sharing your knowledge around here so others can follow your example?
[quote author=Powerbuyer link=topic=851.msg3266#msg3266 date=1129596407]
You're good at SEO - are you sharing your knowledge around here so others can follow your example?
[/quote]

XPP did offer to help you market your "off ebay site" back in mid-July on FAS as I recall .  He'd probably still be willing to help if you ask him.  Smile 
Quote:XPP did offer to help you market your "off ebay site" back in mid-July on FAS as I recall

I wasn't asking for myself, I was asking because I didn't see XPP participating in the SEO forums and wondered why.

Not everyone has someone to work with to help them, and his expertise could help many users trying to reduce their dependence on eBay without the available resources to do so.
I’ve been VERY busy lately setting up my merchant account and pointing my links and buyers to that account and filling orders from my website. 

Besides SEO is really NOT rocket science and there are hundreds if not thousands of FREE resources people can check and get that site out there and high up in the rankings.

Lately when I get a chance I do lurk at feebay’s boards. Wave
The SPIN from the PAID crowd and the attempted dammage control from the  Smileykoolaid heads is unbelievable and ebay’s boards have become the new era Jerry Springer type soap opera side show.

If I was ebay, I would shut those boards down. Nothing good is coming from it
and PPbays dirty laundry is out there for all to see. It makes me want to  Puke

I gotta tell you folks.
At every turn PPbay keeps shooting themselves and their PAYING customers in the foot.

I know I’m not alone when I say the atmosphere that PPbay has created in the last couple of
years has definitely TURN OFF both BUYERS and SELLERS.

I PREY that Goggle WAKES UP and makes that $$$ service we keep hearing about come to life REAL SOON and I also PREY that they develop an auction site.

I think you will hear a BIG sucking sound reverberate all over the US Internet
as both buyers and sellers rush to Goggle.

My PRAYERS ALWAYS get answered too. Toothy10
Quote:I think you will hear a BIG sucking sound reverberate all over the US Internet
as both buyers and sellers rush to Goggle.

I agree, Google has a real shot at being the competitor to eBay & Paypal that the selling community has been waiting for.  They definitely have the name recognition going for them, but they'll also be facing users with high expectations.

Their expansion to Phoenix is a good sign their planning ahead for big things.
A related article:

Quote:No one, as far as is known, has successfully sold his or her soul on eBay but the transaction can only be a matter of time.

The behavioural fallout from this new craze for direct buying and selling has been profound.

"I'd rather be bidding than dating," an enthusiast of the website told one newspaper...

full article:  http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=31&art_id=vn20051205081949966C507631
Quote:The behavioural fallout from this new craze for direct buying and selling has been profound.

And this my buds is what Meg and team do know.
They also think that no matter what, people will stay.
Maybe they are right.
It is as if we are a bunch of S&M junkies
asking for yet another HARD crack from the lady in leather's whip.

Yes mommy please.. May I have another? Whip2
My personal stinky opinoin is... eBay survives because soooooo many people think there is the possibility of getting rich quick. 

What other company do you know that is run so very poorly and has THE WORST customer service, yet is still in business???
Pages: 1 2