TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Addicted to eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:PATIENTS who check in to The Priory are usually trying to beat addictions to drink, drugs or sex.

But now the famous celebrity retreat is opening its doors to people with a different problem - they are hooked on the eBay auction website.

Doctors who have treated hardliving stars such as Kate Moss and Paul Gascoigne at the clinic in South-West London say some people have found the 'high' of securing a bargain becomes addictive - with potentially ruinous consequences...

full article: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/articl..._id=404393&in_page_id=2
That is really...sad  Teu26

Quote:Nott has even banned himself from logging on to the website, for fear he may develop an addiction.

'I've been on once and thought, 'This could be dangerous'. If I want to buy something, I'll do it the traditional way and buy it from a shop

:Smile

Quote:'The website brings out a range of emotions in people; anger, frustration, a sense of loss. They are looking for a buzz and there's a rush of adrenaline when someone posts their last bid and waits to see if someone outbids them.

:Smile
Adreneline is addictive!! Probably only 2nd to endorphins. LOL!!!
Heaven forbid if they learned about sniping, they'd probably give themselves heart failure waiting for the one second snipe.  Headbang
Quote:Heaven forbid if they learned about sniping, they'd probably give themselves heart failure waiting for the one second snipe

No one gives a carp about sniping on feebay by now. Or SECOND SNIPES.

They are probably getting real tired of seeing the “auction duration’s” change every other day.
The programs that are snipping are probably having a melt down as well as the fools who would pay
for this type of hyped service.

The REAL e BIZ is at online stores / websites.
Not feebay, Not Mall types who have promised the moon to their customers.
(and delivered dog S$%T).

The move has been on for some time now.

People want to KNOW who they are dealing with BEFORE they make a purchase.
The days of the SNIPE are over. IMO

Ah yes the website is the way to go. Order from REAL people with
REAL names and not some fictitious feebay  ID.

The trend is on. The consumers are loving it and ARE ON BOARD.

Thanks to poorly run companies like PP and ebay. More and more KNOW that the best protection is buying from REAL sites and paying via a credit card through REAL MERCHANT ACCOUNTS.

Everyone is happy and feebay is looking abroad for new suckers.

SNIPE. Online Auctions as they were, are a thing of the past.

And so is FEEBAY. Laughing4
Tell us how you really feel, Xppman!  Wink
I get better deals with sniping on auctions than I would from websites carrying the same merchandise.

I haven't run into any auction duration changes on items I'm looking at, what's the deal with that?

Real snipers don't use a program to do it for them - less of a rush.
Well you know I will TELL you all how I really feel...

And for as SNIPES. IMO only fool sellers, or uneducated consumers will find BARGAINS
on places like feebay. Hey remember the koolaid drinkers always tell us to "just raise the shipping charge" to cover the NEW fee. Well Guess what?

Buyers can and DO lurk their and also smart buyers go to websites where the fees we incur on feebay are NOT present on our sites

Imagine that.

Wow I can get it on feebay for 19.95. Oh honey wait it is less on the persons website!!!
Only 15.95 hmmmmmmmmm what DO WE DO??
[quote author=Powerbuyer link=topic=851.msg3243#msg3243 date=1129586149]
I get better deals with sniping on auctions than I would from websites carrying the same merchandise.
[/quote]

A very good reason why many sellers of low priced items do better on their own web sites than they would having 2 eBay stores!  After giving eBay/PayPal 30% in fees there's not a lot left for the seller!  :twistedevil:

[quote author=Powerbuyer link=topic=851.msg3243#msg3243 date=1129586149]I haven't run into any auction duration changes on items I'm looking at, what's the deal with that?[/quote]

Here's a perfect example!  This seller has changed the auction duration 3 times on this  auction.  Huge amount of extra exposure at the expense of other sellers by revising the item and a huge savings in fees!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...ionDetails&item=8006543455

??? I don't see, within that link, where they revised the 'listing duration'.  You can't do that within the 'revise descrition' area.  Yes, I know they were one of the main ones that used the 'tool' for this, but I don't see it here.

Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 2