TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New New York Consumer Protection Law for Online Sellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Specifically, the new law (S. 4964, Chapter 72) prohibits online businesses from:

* Advertising or accepting orders for merchandise that will not be available for shipment within thirty days, unless a longer period of time is conspicuously stated in advertisements, and
    * Charging additional fees for expedited shipping when the seller does not reasonably expect the merchandise to be shipped within three business days of the date the order was placed.

The law also requires online businesses to:

* Display a legal business name and street address in all advertising materials that contain a post office box address,
    * Describe the conditions under which a refund will be issued in all advertising materials, and
    * Maintain records of complaints alleging failure to ship merchandise.

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y07/m06/i06/s02
Sleepy1 I already do all of that. Yellowtonguerazz

The 'display street address' requirement could be a problem for eBay sellers (if eBay sellers aren't included in the new law I'd like to know why the boink not--they should be since the majority of ecommerce fraud occurs on auction sites.)