TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bidville Closes Forums Due to "Abusive Postings", Adds Giant Google AdWords Ads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bidville has closed all of its forums.

Quote:The message boards have been closed due to misuse and abusive postings.

Bidville Customer Service
http://www.bidville.com

The site has also added large 728x90 Google AdWords banners to the top and bottom of its pages.
Quote:The site has also added large 728x90 Google AdWords banners to the top and bottom of its pages

to the top and bottom of ALL pages...including the listings pages.  The average item on BV receives 0 views so why even bother putting them on the listing pages. You can't make money from AdWords if no one sees them. Yellowtonguerazz

Quote:The message boards have been closed due to misuse and abusive postings.

Bidville Customer Service
http://www.bidville.com

It's been 9 months since the last announcement from BV  (unless you count the occasional board moderator post) so with the closing of the boards there is absolutely no communication.
:cinqo2:

BIDVILLE SELLER THEME SONG

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=12020.msg57144#msg57144 date=1181881549]

BIDVILLE SELLER THEME SONG

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

[/quote]

Happy001 Happy001

I love that show. Laughing7
That is the perfect song for Bidville.

The forum closing is becoming an annual event.  This is the 3rd or 4th time they've shut them down.
I've been surfing around trying to find out some information on Bidville. I can't find much here but from the little I have seen are you all saying that it is right up there with WP? I see that there are a lot of sellers. Can someone fill me in? Any thing would be appreciated! Thanks
Hi myobeeswax  Wave

Here are a couple of links to get you started. Someone else who can tell you  more about Bidville than I can will probably respond. Smile

http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...137.0.html

http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...477.0.html

I can tell you that their site ranking is near the bottom of the chart--------BidVille 32,539. As a comparison, eBay is no. 13.
[quote author=myobeeswax link=topic=12020.msg57294#msg57294 date=1182039444]
I've been surfing around trying to find out some information on Bidville. I can't find much here but from the little I have seen are you all saying that it is right up there with WP? I see that there are a lot of sellers. Can someone fill me in? Any thing would be appreciated! Thanks
[/quote]

TT member "bidvillesucks" name about sums it up.  ;D

1 million listings...80% of them sports cards, 900,000 members...most of them inactive.

The site has had 3 owners in 7 years and none of them have ever advertised to buyers.  Ubid bought the site last year (for the mailing list) and has essentially abandoned the auction site.

From 2003-2006 we had 200-600 listings running at all times.  Most items received 0 views, a few 1 view, and on very rare occasions we'd have an auction that received 2 views.  Traffic is way down since we stopped listed there.  Traffic to stores is even worse than to their auctions.

Most non-sports card sales are seller-to-seller, and most of those are arranged by "share your wares" type postings on either the BV forums (now closed) or in off-BV groups.  If you don't actively participate on the boards you'll have almost no sales...if you do participate you'll still have very few sales.

I wouldn't waste my time listing there until Ubid's management shows some sign that they're going to advertise the site to buyers...which I don't see happening based on Ubid's virtual abandonment of the site during first year of ownership.
Thanks all for the replies. I will get busy reading but will not waste my time at this point seeing as I have no time to waste! :turkey2: