TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**Strength Bamboo Grove on the Rocks Original Brush Paintin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Strength Bamboo Grove on the Rocks Original Brush Painting

Title: Strength
Media: Traditional Chinese brush painting with liquid inks, on white unryu (cloud dragon) paper
Double mounted (wet technique), unframed
Size: 12"; x 12"

This is an original brush painting. A cluster of wild bamboo grows out of a rocky patch. The rocks and sturdy bamboo are strong against the elements (and whatever life throws at them).

This is a fine line brush painting which uses traditional Chinese techniques and colors, to capture the essence of the bamboo and not just what it "looks" like. I used a simple white background, which is the way of Taoist paintings.

The cloud dragon paper has nice white mulberry fibers in it for added interest and texture. I have signed this painting with my name chop (the square stamp) and with my mood chop (The Way to the Tao is not Difficult).

This is an original work, not a print or lithograph. Please contact me if you need help getting this piece matted or framed, otherwise I've left it unmounted so that you can choose your preferred way of display.

Let this painting remind you to be tough and tall, even in the worst storm!

About Chinese Brush Painting
---------------------------
Chinese brush painting is thought to be one of the oldest of all arts in China. Similar to Sumi (Japanese brush painting), it requires the artist to be in a calm, focused state of mind. You must be ready to be precise--yet fluid. Controlled, yet wildly open.

It attempts to capture the spirit or personality of an item, rather than just emulating what it looks like.

The neatest thing about brush painting (and possibly the hardest thing) is that each stroke counts only once. You can't go back and forth with the brush to correct mistakes or to lay down heavy color. You make each stroke only once, so that with a series of single strokes, you create a finished work.

All paintings are shipped flat.

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6166953