TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Different Solutions For Video Ads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:It may seem weird, but I’ve been eagerly awaiting the day when I see ads in my viral video. eMarketer expects online video advertising to nearly double in 2008 to $1.3 billion, but no one’s really nailed a scalable ad platform for video. However, Google’s been quietly testing their own system and there are a bunch of other startups tackling it as well.

There are a couple key issues they’re all struggling with as they try and generate the greatest amount of ad revenue. There’s still some uncertainty about where to put the ads (pre/post/interstitial?). Even the type or length of the ad is up for debate. A recent study found longer ads were more effective at branding, while conventional wisdom has cast doubt on users sitting through the longer plugs.

After deciding on the format, determining the content of the video in order to generate relevant ads is yet another tough problem...

full article: http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/07/06/vid...s-problem/