TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 6 Digg Alternatives: Streamy, CoRank, Spotback, Thoof, Shoutwire, Wobblog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Streamy

Currently in private beta, Streamy was well-received by the Digg community, providing an outlet for users to vent their frustrations. The service is a combination of social news, start page, and instant messaging that allows you to view stories without leaving the site. Stories are made popular not by voting, but by the number of people who have saved or shared stories, as well as user-defined filters...

coRank

coRank lets you create your own “social content network” which is essentially a topic-specific site where users who share an interest can submit links. Similar to Digg, stories within a topic are voted up and down. Each user also gets their own front page, which includes the latest hot content from their topics of interest that has been voted up by the sources they have selected. For example, if my network was technology and one of my sources was Mashable, my front page would show technology stories that Mashable voted up...

full article: http://mashable.com/2007/07/12/digg-alternatives/
A few of those websites have closed.
Signs041
Its always good to hear of alternatives to digg, while Digg is great if you are just looking for stories I found that it was pointless me ever submitting my own stories. Unless you are a power user your stories instantly dissappear. What is really annoying is when you get in first with a great story only for it to be buried and then reposted later by a power user.