TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: America Online to Lay Off 700 Employees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:America Online Laying Off More Than 700 Employees, Mainly in Call Centers, As Its Dial-Up Subscribers Slumps

Graham attributed the cuts to a decline in members and an increased base of "computer-savvy" users that do a lot of their own troubleshooting.

As of June 30, AOL had 20.8 million U.S. members, down 917,000 from the March quarter and 2.6 million from a year earlier.

full article: http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051019/america_o....html?.v=4
We hav a huge AOL call center here in ABQ.  That's not good news.
[quote author=stardust link=topic=893.msg3452#msg3452 date=1129767473]
We hav a huge AOL call center here in ABQ.  That's not good news.
[/quote]

AOL sucks! Sorry 'bout ABQ.
Their NOT laying them off.

They are "relocating" them to  India. 

It really does suck. I mean both, the layoff and AOL.  LOL@AOL
I have no idea whether or not it will affect our center here.  It just won't be too great if it does. 

Intel just keeps expanding and expanding over in Rio Rancho, on the West Side, and RR is the fastest growing *city* in NM right now.  At least, with their huge plant and 24-hour work shifts, they seem to be a good neighbor!
"They are "relocating" them to  India."

That was my first thought also.   
They are already there.
I watched a documentary about this.

India's economy is flourishing these days.

Which is GREAT for India. But..........
:blinkie:
I'm still getting pretty good customer service from Amazon, but I think they have outsourced to India as well... going by some of the names signed on e-mail exchanges.  Anyone know for sure?
[quote author=Anita link=topic=893.msg3575#msg3575 date=1129912475]
I'm still getting pretty good customer service from Amazon, but I think they have outsourced to India as well... going by some of the names signed on e-mail exchanges.  Anyone know for sure?
[/quote]

just announced:

Amazon to open second India tech centre

http://www.indiadaily.com/breaking_news/49388.asp
Well if feebay would do this they would save a lot of ching.

Hey do you think they would pass along the saving to us US sellers?
Happy001

Pages: 1 2