TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Amazon Sellers Report Pickup in Summer Business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:...a big trend this summer seems to be a measured acceleration in Amazon's 3rd party business.

As I'm talking to sellers that are on Amazon Seller Central, ever since Amazon changed some policies and how the "buy box" is treated, 3rd parties (typically SMBs) are seeing a material pick up in their Amazon businesses.  I suspect Q2 was very strong for Amazon on this front and I also suspect that this line of business is much more profitable than the old 'retail, buy/ship books' part of the biz.

Sellers are particularly excited about Q3 thanks to Mr. Potter. While Amazon has stated they will sell HP7 at break-even/slight loss, the number of buyers coming through the store to find and order HP7 should have a nice trickle through to 3rd parties.  Some sellers have products are are great HP tie-ins (video games, etc.), but others believe just the added foot traffic will spill over into more CE items, apparel, etc.  It will be interesting to watch this trend...

full article: http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_str...d-par.html
Amazon Seller Central info: www.amazonservices.com