TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Dog Treats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own 10 dogs-Most are chi mixes. 2 are big guys. I bake their organic treats and have had so many comments from others that I should sell these. So, I've put a site on Go Daddy so prepare for the time when my day job doesn't intrude upon my dreams. I make all sizes, several different flavors and make my own oil for their health and wellbeing. I took them to the local flea market in May and had a very successful day just to see what would happen.  I'm also picking up dog figurines and other dog related items. Since the dog food scare, I feel this is a good time to present organic homemade treats.

Years ago in Michigan when all the good jobs left town, I had to find a way to make money. This is in northern MI about 50 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge. I make these wonderful peanut butter cookies so I made a big batch and went to the park on Wed and Sat in Boyne City. Sold out and made more. Expanded to PB with, choc chips, reese pieces, oatmeal butterscotch, rasberry chips, raisen cinn, etc. Then the orchard people showed up and I bought a bushel of apples. Homemade pies, Apple, Cherry, cheesecakes, Mincemeat, Apple Crisp, all made from scratch. BAM!! Had to seperate, H went to BC and I went Petoskey. Made a lot of money that summer and had so much fun!!

Then our rental sold and we moved the Ketucky-no can do here-health permits, etc

But, with the collection of dogs, I began baking for them. Now, again, people say you should sell these.  Have never had my own site and really don't know the way to market them. It's a billion dollar business and I want to be part of that.  

What do you think? The site is registered as Yummys Dog.
I think you should try to sell them online.  I know there's one person who used to post on the eBay Stores board who has sold them on eBay for several years.

If you want to market them on your own website there are mny free ways to advertise: blogs, Google product search, search engines, etc.