TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: SEO: preparing your ecommerce site for the holidays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:1. Build Your Links
By acquiring a handful of links from high PageRank-endowed relevant sites, you will automatically enhance your site’s worthiness in the eyes of the search engines. (PageRank is, on a logarithmic scale of 0 to 10, Google’s importance score.) In my experience, a single link from a PageRank 8 homepage has significantly boosted rankings within several weeks. It's also worthwhile giving attention to existing inbound links where the anchor text is less than ideal (e.g. "click here" or "visit site"). If you can influence the text used in links by bloggers and business partners alike, you will profit in terms of additional rankings and traffic. Don’t forget to build your links slowly or you may raise red flags with Google and Yahoo!

full article: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articl...day-ready/
Quote:you would do well to create a Gift Ideas page, optimize it, and place it one click away from your homepage to maximize its PageRank and give it the best opportunity to rank well.

I do that every year.
Quote:In my experience, a single link from a PageRank 8 homepage has significantly boosted rankings within several weeks.

Getting a link from a PageRank 8 homepage is easier said than done.