TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Tale of PayPal and Tomahawks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:What happened to a retired New York state couple couldn’t be much weirder. Gerard and Judy Gruber of Akron, New York, have been selling objects on eBay since June 10, 1999. They have racked up over 3500 sales on the Internet site and have achieved a 99.8% positive Feedback rating...

In early May the Grubers put a forged iron spike ax or tomahawk, described as “American Revolutionary War era,” up for bid on eBay. “I’m partly at fault for what’s happened,” Gruber admitted. “I knew it wasn’t eighteenth century; it was seventeenth century,” he said, “but if I’d said seventeenth century, no one on eBay would have believed I could have something that early, so I said eighteenth century.”...

The winner, however, was not happy with his purchase. He wanted his money back and offered evidence to PayPal that it wasn’t as advertised. He posted the following comments as Feedback on the Grubers’ eBay record: “J. GRUBER SOLD FAKE! EXPERTS AGREED. REFUSED REFUND. PAYPAL MADE GOOD. AVOID!”...

full article: http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/stories/?id=141