TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Stores October Brown Bag for Stores! Wednesday 10/26 11am PDT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:October Brown Bag for Stores! Wednesday 10/26 11am PDT
Topic: More New Stores Features
Host: eBay Store Staff
Date: Wednesday, October 26th
Time: 11:00-12:30PM PDT

Please join us for our monthly discussion on the board where this month we will be discussing recently announced Stores enhancements.

We look forward to your participation and will attempt to answer all of your Stores questions as quickly as possible. Based on your questions, we'll also offer tips to ensure that you're using the full power of Stores to your advantage.
:nbiteme:
How many times did they say they weren't adding enhancements until after the holiday? BangHead
[quote author=midori_meadows link=topic=923.msg3744#msg3744 date=1130263316]
How many times did they say they weren't adding enhancements until after the holiday? BangHead
[/quote]
I think they consider the 'holiday' sales season to start November 1 or so.  Not October.  So they get away with it.......... Protest
Bleh.

Maybe I'll actuall show up this time, rather than read about it through the boards. :-)
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=923.msg3754#msg3754 date=1130279183]
Bleh.

Maybe I'll actuall show up this time, rather than read about it through the boards. :-)
[/quote]

I'd skip it. You can get a much more biased recap of the Brown Bag Lunch by reading the boards.  :twistedevil:
broken gallery photos

Quote:About gallery photos: we have a team that is constantly looking at how to improve our photo-related services. Not sure if they have specific Gallery photo improvements planned in the near future.

I would be happy to pass on any specific issues that you have been experiencing.

thanks

Hans

Quote:Hi there. I just wanted to jump in and add my two cents. Mr. GalleryImage sits a few desks over for me, and he is aware that there have been some issues lately. They have identified a bug and will have a fix in place soon. This should (hopefully) address most of the issues. We'll keep an eye on things to see.

Thanks. Take care.

Jake Jake

suspensions/NARU:  eBay's failure to suspend scammers in a timely manner but quick suspending of sellers who pay their fees late

Quote:Unfortunately, I can't address the 2 issues that you have had with sellers in the last few weeks but I can assure you that our Fraud team is continuing to take action on accounts that are very clearly committing fraud on our site.

Regarding your question about suspension occuring immediately if the fees are not paid, we try to be really lenient with sellers who may be having problems paying their balance and in fact we do not completely restrict activity until it becomes absolutely necessary. We do allow limited access to sellers who are behind in paying their eBay fees but I think you will find that is true of any company that offers a service like this.

If you would like to email me directly we can discuss this a little bit further but remember that I cannot give you any specific details on an account other than your own.

Thank you for your post.

Terry
eBay Stores Team

on the question of how much traffic the ebay stores hub page gets (the page eBay touts as a benefit of upgrading to a featured or anchor store)

Quote:We don't release that data for individual pages on ebay. Sorry.

You can use your Store Traffic Reports to measure traffic (pageviews, visitors) to your storefront and listing pages. You could compare traffic before and after when you open a Featured Store to measure whether the move was effective for you.

Trey
Nalani once again demonstrates her winning English grammar skills while answering questions on editing stores inventory and end of sale emails

Quote:Hi Katxxxxx

Thanks so much for joining us, and for your excellent suggestions!! Some of these are things we’ve explored or are already working on, and others we’ll consider as we look at future enhancements.

I’m very happy to hear that you like the change that was made to the Store Inventory end of item email subject line. That was done as a direct result of the feedback we received from users in a brown bag a few months back. We really do appreciate the feedback, and want to support your processes wherever we can.

On your first question, we are very aware that sellers such as you with a high number of Store Inventory listings need better ways to make edits across all of those listings. We are working on this, but it’s a pretty large initiative for us. We do very much want to support you in ensuring that your listings are all as “fresh” and up-to-date as possible.

On your second question about the end of item email, we actually asked for the quantity fix that you mention at the same time that we talked about changing the subject line. I’ll follow up on what has happened to that. I wasn’t aware of some of the other points you raise, and will pass those along to the site email team.

Thanks!
Nalani
eBay Stores Team

Rabble Rousing eBay Stores owner Patrice wins the best quote of the day award:  Happy001

Quote:Gotta run - I have much more important things to do with my time than deal with another edition of "Cut n' Paste Theatre"! X-(
On the question of inclusion in the Shop eBay Stores box

Quote:Inclusion in the Shop ebay Stores box is based on how many listings you have that match the search or browse that the buyer is doing at the time. The best way to be included in the box is to have an large volume of auction or fixed price listings that people are looking for.

Trey

Nalani forgets which pink posting ID she's using and signs a post Carole :Smile  Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

Quote:nalani@ ebay.com View Listings  | Report  Oct-26-05 11:50 PDT  45 of 50
RE: post #42

Hi katxxx

Yes, I can see why that would be inconvenient. I'll touch base with the product manager that worked on this email to be sure he's aware of your feedback.

thanks!
Carole
Hans explains eBay search results

Quote:I just tried searching on "womens abercrombie jeans" as well. This is the URL for the search: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=womens+abercrombie+jeans

Most of the time I get things that are totally relevant. Occasionally I something that seems unrelated to jeans, but is probably related to the word "womens". I have to admit, I don't know for sure the logic they are using when search terms contain multiple words. I will find out and either I or someone more educated follow up with you on this via email.

regards,

Hans

8 minutes later and Nalani has remembered her name  :twistedevil:

Quote:nalani@ ebay.com View Listings  | Report  Oct-26-05 12:05 PDT  52 of 52
RE: post #50

Hi Katxxxxx-

Yes, we still continue to maintain the historical data that was previously collected. We just won't be collecting new data if you're not actively using it. So if you re-activated later, you would see a gap in the data.

Regards,
Nalani
Pages: 1 2 3