TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Why Firefox is Blocked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:For an interactive website that promotes a service to the public (like your own) I can understand but for a site selling merchandise (as mine is) I would honestly be aghast if I had to rely on 3rd party advertising to cover the expense of users viewing my merchandise. Somehow it seems tacky to me. Besides, I don't care for the distraction it creates. When someone is looking at my site I want them to take their time and look at what I have to offer--clicking on some banner ad for a few pennies isn't part of the mix.

I agree, Boucher! Tongue
Quote:would honestly be aghast if I had to rely on 3rd party advertising to cover the expense of users viewing my merchandise...

When someone is looking at my site I want them to take their time and look at what I have to offer--clicking on some banner ad for a few pennies isn't part of the mix.

For a few pennies they'll never see. Google AdSense doesn't issue a check/EFT until your earnings reach $100.  The average small site will never earn enough to receive a check. 
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=16008.msg64036#msg64036 date=1187549493]
I agree that these sites are making a major mistake in blocking FF. They may want to consider why people are using adblock on their sites.  Smile 

I use adblock selectively. TT is whitelisted. Some sites have such friggin' annoying, stupid ads, I block ads on the whole site.  These are the sites that need to consider just why they are being blocked, and adjust their advertising strategy or whatever! Stop driving us crazy with the miserable pop-ups, etc., and we won't mind viewing the ads!! So there! Tongue3 Laughing7
[/quote]

I assume you mean you set Firefox up so you can still see TT's Google ads. How do I go about "whitelisting" them?
[quote author=Boucher link=topic=16008.msg64878#msg64878 date=1189882852]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=16008.msg64036#msg64036 date=1187549493]
I agree that these sites are making a major mistake in blocking FF. They may want to consider why people are using adblock on their sites.  Smile 

I use adblock selectively. TT is whitelisted. Some sites have such friggin' annoying, stupid ads, I block ads on the whole site.  These are the sites that need to consider just why they are being blocked, and adjust their advertising strategy or whatever! Stop driving us crazy with the miserable pop-ups, etc., and we won't mind viewing the ads!! So there! Tongue3 Laughing7
[/quote]

I assume you mean you set Firefox up so you can still see TT's Google ads. How do I go about "whitelisting" them?
[/quote]

Well, I didn't really do it so that I could see the ads......lol. I did it because I knew that bbh/regic  wouldn't run ads that would make me/people crazy.  Smile

Anyhoo.........just go to tools > adblock > whitelist this whole site.  Tongue
[quote author=regic link=topic=16008.msg64815#msg64815 date=1189622871]
Quote:would honestly be aghast if I had to rely on 3rd party advertising to cover the expense of users viewing my merchandise...

When someone is looking at my site I want them to take their time and look at what I have to offer--clicking on some banner ad for a few pennies isn't part of the mix.

For a few pennies they'll never see. Google AdSense doesn't issue a check/EFT until your earnings reach $100.  The average small site will never earn enough to receive a check. 
[/quote]

One of the most frequent questions I receive from new web store owners is "how do I add AdSense to my store", and my reply is always "don't do it".  If you're a new store owner the last thing you want to do is send potential buyers to your competitors.
Pages: 1 2