TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Review of free open source OpenAds ad server software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Openads is one of the most interesting open-source projects/companies on the planet. Period. It's an open-source ad server. Like DoubleClick without the lock-in or fees. In other words, it's open source--100 percent GPLv2. I guess it should be no surprise that the world's most popular ad server, powering Web 2.0 business models, is open source, just as the LAMP stack is the technological basis for Web 2.0 sites/services...

I could still use Google AdWords with Openads. It's just another ad network, after all. But Openads' software would give me more control over the ads served up on my site. It also allows me to deploy several different ad networks at once, letting me try out various ones to determine which is most effective for my audience. I could run them in rotation and designate the percentage that these ad networks serve ads to my site (based on contract, for example). I could have maximum control of the ads on my site...

full article: http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9750880-16.html