TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Site Takes On Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, eBay and Blockbuster!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ran across a press release for a new site.  Smile  I'm used to seeing small sites open and issue a press release proclaiming themselves to be challengers to eBay, but I think this site set a new record for number of large auction sites/etailers that its opening will cause to quake in their boots.  Laughing7

Quote:BarterBee Takes On Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, eBay and Blockbuster!

press release: http://www.pressreleasenetwork.com/newsr...ws_id=1492

Now that I'm done making fun of the press release title  Smile , the site itself is a music/movies/games trading site.  Its actually well done and the site could carve a successful little niche for itself.  That said, I won't be selling there because it appears to be a site for trading not generating revenues. Sellers earn points to use towards other items on the site, not actual dollars, when they sell an item. Smile 

from their why join page:

Quote:BarterBee.com is the cheapest way to buy movies, music, and games; and the best value for selling your pre-owned items.

It's the Cheapest!

* Cheaper than Amazon, eBay, iTunes, GameStop, ...
    * Get any item for $1 plus the required points.
    * You don't pay shipping or insurance for the items you get.
    * Free, hassle free returns.
    * No membership fees of any kind!

It's the Best Value!

* More value than eBay, BlockBuster, GameStop, Yahoo...
    * Get the most for your pre-owned media by selling it for points and using these to get other items.
    * Free to list. No listing fees!
    * Trade across categories: trade-in a video games for movies or music...
    * Using the BarterBee.com mailers you items are insured against loss or damage for free.
    * Most items can be shipped for less than a $1.
    * No membership fees of any kind!

It's Easy!

* List your items easily - automatic listings based UPC code and title.
    * We provide the artwork and content automatically - no need to upload photos or write product descriptions.
    * Easy to find what you want with intuitive, cross listed, items.

It's Safe!

* Use BarterBee.com envelopes to automatically insure your mailings against loss or damage
    * Do business with who you want. See each member's trading history, reliability and location.
    * With BarterBee.com points you never have to directly give or receive money from another member.
    * Use BarterBee.com's anonymous email system to communicate with other members
Quote:BarterBee Takes On Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, eBay and Blockbuster!

Don't think so.  I counted under 4000 items on the site.  :Smile