TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay offers Free and Reduced Price Listings in September...if you use Gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
eBay US and eBay Canada:

US announcement Wrote:***A Message from Philipp Justus – Huge Savings for Sellers in September***

Hello Sellers,

I have great news for you! Based on the success of our last Listing with Gallery promotion on 8/15, we are running a similar promotion for the entire month of September. Like the last promotion, if you buy Gallery and start your Auction-style or Fixed Price listings at $9.99 or less, we're going to give you the insertion fee for FREE. In addition, for items with a starting price of $10 or more, you'll save 25% off the listing fee (up to $1.20 per listing!).

But wait – there's more! This promotion runs from August 29 to September 30. That means significant savings for our sellers who will be able to take advantage of this promotion for an entire MONTH! (Read here for more promotion details.)

We think this is a great deal for both our sellers and buyers. Sellers have the opportunity to realize significant savings, while buyers benefit from a richer shopping experience. We're really happy to deliver savings to our sellers who look to the eBay marketplace as the best place to move inventory. We also hope this promotion will continue to improve the buyer experience by encouraging sellers to use Gallery, which helps buyers shop in a more visually appealing way.

On behalf of my whole team, we hope you enjoy this promotion – and we appreciate your continued business and support.

more info: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200708281659062.html

Canada announcement Wrote:***FREE Insertion Fees when you Buy Gallery and List at US$9.99 or less or C$11.99 or less*** 

28 August, 2007 | 20:00

When is it?
Starting Wednesday, August 29, 2007 between 00:00:01 ET (12:00 AM plus one second on Wednesday, August 29, 2007) and ending on Sunday September 30th 23:59:59 ET(11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

Who is eligible?
Insertions fees for Auction-style and Fixed Price listings will be waived or discounted, depending on your start price, when you purchase Gallery. This includes listings created prior to the promotion and scheduled to start during the promotional period August 29 – September 30, 2007.Please note the exclusions below.

Please note: For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item for (SYI 3.0) the promotional price will not be shown during the listing process. Instead the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in your next invoice.

What is excluded?
This promotion will not apply to the following types of listings: All eBay Motors listings (including Parts & Accessories, Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Power Sports, Other Vehicles), Live Auction, Professional Services, Real Estate, Ad Format and Store Inventory listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded from the Insertion Fee Sale: tractors & farm machinery (91952), heavy equipment (25249), concession trailers, carts (67145), imaging and aesthetics equipment (92035), forklifts and other lifts (97185), manufacturing equipment (92080), metalworking equipment (92082) and commercial printing presses (26247). Bundles that contain Gallery such as Value Pack, Pro Pack, Gallery Plus, Gallery Featured and Picture Pack will not be eligible. You will need to purchase Gallery separately to be eligible for the promotion. The promotional rate does not apply to listings with a start date prior to August 29, 2007 - including those listings revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created during the promotion August 29 - September 30, 2007 and scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

more info: http://www.ebay.ca/promo/Gallery20829/
Is this another stupid test like the damn format changes eBay has been foisting upon all of us recently? Whatever happened to the free gallery images that the UK is supposed to be receiving? Isn't this a step backwards?

What I really hope NOT to encounter is the new bidding pages they have been testing which if I'm remembering correctly will be experienced by approximately 2% of eBay users while they figure out if the idea sucks.

So what happens if I'm lucky enough to experience the new beta bidding format? Will I have time to "opt out" of it and be returned to the homepage instead of where I originally desired to go, like the stupid view seller's listings page where it's now stretching my browser window now that th asinine seller item specifics box has now wasted the lefthand quarter of the viewable screen?

I wish those idiots could leave damn well alone. Doesn't it register in their pea brains that the idea that they might have to solicit assistance in finding new sellers with their new $50 incentive is because they're driving away the current sellers with all these damn "enhancements"?
At this point in time they could be offering $500 and I still wouldn't encourage any of my friends to sell there. Complete strangers that smelled bad but not friends.
Quote:if you buy Gallery and start your Auction-style or Fixed Price listings at $9.99 or less, we're going to give you the insertion fee for FREE.

Aren't the sellers in this price range (and their "clutter") the same ones eBay tried to run off the site in the Summer of 2006 when they raised fees?
DING DING DING DING DING !!!!!!

And we have a winner!  Sunny
Update from eBay:

Quote:Hello Sellers,

I have one more piece of good news: Unlike our last promotion, this time you WILL get these Insertion discounts if you use bundles with Gallery, such as Value Pack, Pro Pack, Gallery Plus, Gallery Featured, and Picture Pack. Enjoy!

Question raised by Randy Smythe on his blog:

Quote:Now, this does not answer the question many of you are asking me regarding relisting. I am still waiting for a response regarding that. It's unfortunate that they did not deal with that information in this most recent announcement because multiple announcements about the same thing start to look pretty bad.

full article: http://rksmythe.blogspot.com/2007/08/upd...otion.html