TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: AdWords Optimization Tips: More on Ad Text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Should I mention prices or discounts in ad text?
It depends. While the most important component of ad text is a good description of your offering, you may also want to mention a price. If you consider your prices to very competitive, it may be to your advantage to advertise them. Conversely, if you sell a high quality product and charge a premium price, you may also mention price to set the right expectations and discourage bargain hunters. And if you are only promoting a discount on one of your products, do not give the impression that there is a general discount. In summary, your best strategy is to be straightforward with your potential customers, so the right ones are clicking through to an offer they were expecting to find.

What should I be testing in my ad text?
You can test different descriptions, call to action phrases, promotions, and special offers. Here are a few different points you may want to test:

* Different emphasis: product description, call-to-action, or promotional offer
    * Including the brand name versus simply describing the offering
    * Including the price in ad text versus including a discount or other special offer to differentiate your business
    * Including an audience-specific message such as 'Perfect for Couples'
    * Placement of certain messages in your ad text: headline, line 2, or line 3

You can also find good ideas for messages to include in your ad text by taking a look at what visitors are searching for on your site....

full article: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2007/08/adwo...on-ad.html