TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Study says conservatives and liberals have differences in their brain chemistry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A new study says conservatives and liberals have differences in their brain chemistry.

If you've staked out a spot on either side of the "red" versus "blue" ideological divide, you probably already suspected this. But now, researchers say they have demonstrated actual neurological differences between the brains of liberals and conservatives.

According to the Sacramento Bee, scientists at New York University have discovered that those on opposite sides of the political fence use different parts of their brains when making instant decisions...

full article: http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9776258-7.html

Quote:"Political attitudes are dispositional in nature, almost more like personalities. They're not necessarily a choice," said the study's lead author David Amodio, a professor of psychology at New York University.

On top of that, political attitudes seem correlated with certain skills and behaviors.

Liberals were better at the kind of decision making that Amodio and his co-authors measured, leaving him anxious to point out in an interview that perhaps conservatives excel at other things.[and perhaps they don't  Icon_biggrin ]

full article: http://www.sacbee.com/101/v-print/story/370339.html
Quote:[and perhaps they don't  icon_biggrin ]

Laughing7

Hey, I could have told them that. Conservatives do not excel (very apparent, IMO) at critical thinking! Why else would Republicans elect actors and dilettantes? Big Grin

A few facts:

~A majoity of creative persons are liberals
~A majority of persons classified as geniuses are liberals
~Creative persons, liberals and geniuses commit suicide at a higher rate than others
Quote:while liberals lean toward open-minded, creative and messy

What a relief I'm just a liberal and not a slob
Laughing7 Laughing7 Laughing7
Quote:What a relief I'm just a liberal and not a slob
laughing7 laughing7 laughing7

Laughing7

Quote:A few facts:

~A majoity of creative persons are liberals  Smile
~A majority of persons classified as geniuses are liberals Smile
~Creative persons, liberals and geniuses commit suicide at a higher rate than others  Sad