TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay: more enhancements on the way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***A Message from Jim Ambach: Selling News*** 

Hi everyone...Over the past few months, you've heard a lot about how we're working hard to improve the buyer experience. We've made some great strides, and more is on the way (read more by visiting www.ebay.com/sneakpeek). But, with all the work being done to make eBay a better place for our buyers, I wanted to let our sellers know that there is a lot of great new stuff for you as well.

With the busy holiday selling season quickly approaching, it's crucial that we help you get your items listed and sold, quickly and easily. Here are some improvements that are coming soon and later this fall.

Easier Selling option for New Sellers
The Sell Your Item (SYI) form is a robust tool with all the options and choices that a sophisticated, experienced seller may need. Newer sellers, however, can be a bit intimidated by all the options they may not yet understand. And sometimes even experienced sellers need just the basics and would like a shorter form. For these situations, we're delivering a slimmed-down listing option in the next few weeks.

On the Sell hub, sellers will be able to choose to use the regular SYI or the simpler listing process, which takes only the most popular options and fits them into a single page. More details on this simpler SYI option will be shared by my colleague Mike Maffeo soon!

SYI and Sell Hub get a cosmetic "makeover"
Speaking of SYI, we know that for many sellers, it's the backbone of your eBay selling experience. Thanks in no small part to the suggestions and feedback we've received from many of our SYI users in the Community, today the new SYI is running strong.

That said, as we work to make the rest of the site more inviting, it's clear our Sell hub and the SYI form are a little "bland." There's a lot of blue, and the wording we use is not as friendly as it could be. We want to spiff these areas up a bit for you, so we'll be giving both of these areas a "makeover" with new colors and text. Look for this in the coming weeks.

Other improvements to shipping, pictures, and more...
There's more in store this fall to improve the way you list and ship your items, so please stay tuned. We're making many improvements you've asked for that will make it easier to add pictures to your listings, select an appropriate shipping service, and more. My team and I will be back to give the full details when we're closer to launching.
Quote:Hi everyone...I'm Nate Etter with eBay's Seller Experience team, and I'm here to follow up on Jim Ambach's announcement from a few weeks ago. As he mentioned, we're making some improvements to our Sell Your Item (SYI) form. Here's a rundown of what we'll be introducing over the next couple of weeks.

Easier Customization Options
One of the best things about the SYI form is that you can customize it to fit exactly what you need. Don't accept money orders, for example? Modify the form to turn off that option, and you won't see it again.

However, you've told us that the customization system is a little difficult to find and use, so we went back to the drawing board. Soon you'll see several improvements to make the customization section more accessible and intuitive. In particular, look for a much better set-up that allows you to customize your shipping section.

A New Uploader for Pictures
Pictures are an important part of any listing, so we've spent time looking at how we can make the upload process smoother. You'll soon be able to use a Flash-based uploading tool that has a slick user interface, a real-time progress meter that lets you monitor your uploads, and advanced technology that makes it extremely reliable across a variety of computer platforms.

Improvements to the Shipping Section
We're also making big improvements to the Shipping section of the form, such as streamlining the entire section to make it much less cluttered.

In addition, USPS Flat Rate boxes and envelopes, for both Priority and Express mail, are being added as Shipping Services. These will be available for both domestic and international shipments when sellers use the Shipping Calculator or specify their own shipping costs.