TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: BidVille Announcements and Intro of Anti-Fraud Programs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bidville is going to have to fork out some bucks for some good SEO. Nothing I had listed there ever appeared in a google search, not even my store items had froogle presence. And people wonder why I stay where I am!
[quote author=Mojavelyn link=topic=960.msg4117#msg4117 date=1130821483]
Bidville is going to have to fork out some bucks for some good SEO. Nothing I had listed there ever appeared in a google search, not even my store items had froogle presence. And people wonder why I stay where I am!
[/quote]

They use the same meta keywords on every listing.  These are from a cookbook listing

[quote]<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="auction, bidville, collectibles, auctions, bid, bids, collectible, antiques, clothes, beanies, sports cards, football, baseball cards, collect, trading cards, art, for sale, chat, buy, shop, sell, sell online, art, shopping, crafts, hobbies, stamps, coins, toys, games, memorabilia">[/quote
[quote author=bidvillesucks link=topic=960.msg4096#msg4096 date=1130787225]
day light
dollar short
bidville stll sucks
[/quote]

¡Sí, Bidville todavía huele como mierda!  Toothy10
[quote author=amy link=topic=960.msg4241#msg4241 date=1131054221]
day light
dollar short
bidville stll sucks
[/quote]

[/quote].

Joined VIP.  Took 2 minutes.  Didn't help Sales.  Nada.
[quote author=dimucci link=topic=960.msg4829#msg4829 date=1132103450]
[quote author=amy link=topic=960.msg4241#msg4241 date=1131054221]
day light
dollar short
bidville stll sucks
[/quote]

[/quote].

Joined VIP.  Took 2 minutes.  Didn't help Sales.  Nada.
[/quote]

I joined too.  I still have 0 views on 99.9999999% of my items...not that I expected it to change with the addition of that fugly little VIP icon since even the "Today's Featured Sellers" box on the front page doesn't generate any extra views.
fugly???

is this a new word... can I use it???

I like it!!!

I think it says a whole lot!! Freaken Ugly!!!
The word is listed on dictionary.com

I didn't realize that it can also be used as an adjective: fuglier and fugliest  :twistedevil:

BidVille did make one unannounced change--the new Ask Seller A Question was being abused (as I predicted it would be  Smile ) so they decide to make the Q&A private:

Quote:Each question and answer is private.
Viewable only to the seller and the member that asked the question
Latest announcement from BidVille on its new anti-fraud programs

Quote:Valued Members,

As of this evening, your storefront items are protected by your SAFE settings, just like your auctions. Buyers that do not meet your criteria may request your approval to purchase your storefront items.

If you approve a request to bid on "ANY of my Items", it includes storefront and auction items. So, a buyer does not have to request auction and storefront approval separately.

We are proud to say that we have significantly decreased buying and selling fraud over the past few months. Quite frankly, it has just about disappeared completely thanks to our address verification, VIP Program and SAFE Program.

Have a safe and happy holiday season. Thanks for continuing to grow with us.

The Bidville Team
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=960.msg6624#msg6624 date=1135556111]
we have significantly decreased buying and selling fraud over the past few months. Quite frankly, it has just about disappeared completely ...[/quote]

If they really can keep out the bad guys then they likely will either be the next Ebay or be shamelessly copied by them.

Shameless and Ebay in the same sentence ..... what ever am I thinking???
Quote:If they really can keep out the bad guys

Nope doesn't look like they're doing it.  I just looked and their board of directors is still there.  Happy001
Pages: 1 2 3