TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ebay User Info Appears to Have Been Hacked .......Check Your Accounts!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:I wonder if they realize that their typical bad handling of this situation is making them look so much worse...........

They've handled it so no one knows about it--i.e. major media is silent and (the all important) Wall Street doesn't care as evidenced by eBay's stock price rising on both days since the news broke.  To eBay, and most large corporations, the rising stock price means it was handled well (handled well in the eyes of corporate slimebags at least  Icon_puke_l ).  The eBay boardies who know about it and who have been left with a bad impression don't matter at all (to eBay) because their numbers (thousands) are such a small percentage of eBay's 240 million users.
Quote:Wall Street doesn't care as evidenced by eBay's stock price rising on both days since the news broke. 

Unbelievable. Cover it up where the masses are concerned, and you've earned a higher stock price. :Smile

Quote:it was handled well

By lying, removing evidence (discussion threads), refusing to respond to queries publicly, and/or responding with corporate bs........

Ebay, your users deserve some answers!!

I am considering closing both my ebay and paypal accounts. I would think that others are also considering the same action. Obviously, they could care less about protecting the info of their members, and I don't really care to be on the next list that is published.
Quote:I am considering closing both my ebay and paypal accounts. I would think that others are also considering the same action.

I'm not.  I need the 6 figure (gross) income TO PAY THE GREEDY OVERPAID SLACKERS WHO WORK FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin BangHead BangHead BangHead Smileyviolin Smileyviolin Smileyviolin Happy3 Happy3 Happy3

Quote:By lying, removing evidence (discussion threads), refusing to respond to queries publicly, and/or responding with corporate bs........

I want to work in Public Relations...NOT.
Quote:I'm not.  I need the 6 figure (gross) income TO PAY THE GREEDY OVERPAID SLACKERS WHO WORK FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Booboinkinghoo..........braggart!! Thefinger 

Quote:I want to work in Public Relations...NOT.

Yeah, can you imagine what a nightmare their jobs must be?! :blinkie:

Edit to correct a typo. :Smile
Quote:Yeah, can you imagine what a nightmare their jobs must be?!

You're assuming that they have morals and go home feeling dirty after spending the day lieing through their teeth.  Laughing7
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=16509.msg65240#msg65240 date=1191099002]
Quote:Yeah, can you imagine what a nightmare their jobs must be?!

You're assuming that they have morals and go home feeling dirty after spending the day lieing through their teeth.  Laughing7
[/quote]

Tard
The Auction Guild TAG Notes Wrote:Since ebaY obviously does not know how deep this problem goes, it is possible that ALL user information on the ebaY site has been breached, so if you have ever used ebaY, and have any sensitive information recorded on the site - such as a credit card or bank account information - you need to monitor your accounts for possible problems. Unfortunately, ebaY is not the only site vulnerable, online or off, so regular checks of your credit card bills and bank accounts should now be a way of life, individuals MUST make this part of their usual routines. The other thing that is abundantly clear in all this, is that ebaY is NOT secure, even if we just consider the user ID email address factor that ebaY is so adamant about in their hiding user IDs from users, but obviously not from scammers, but then ebaY's lack of secure systems has been obvious since we first reported on the activities of Vladuz and the Chinese hackers, 11 months ago.

the rest of it http://www.auctionguild.com/generic160.html
I had noticed a rather unusually large dose of phishing emails around the time of this incident, for no seemingly apparent reason.  Several were from phishers overseas, notably eastern Europe. All were reported to eBay.

One time, many moons ago, I started a thread on the T&S board questioning the effectiveness of the reports. We always get the canned reply that eBay will investigate, blah, blah, but does anybody REALLY KNOW what happens to the reports and what eBay actually does with them? I couldn't get any definitive answer from my post.
Quote:One time, many moons ago, I started a thread on the T&S board questioning the effectiveness of the reports.

The accuracy of spoof@eBay's canned replies leave a lot to be desired.  In the past eBay has said legitimate emails from eBay were phishing attempts, and in one publicized case last year they told users that emails from an Eastern European phishing site were legitimate.

Pages: 1 2 3