TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: VeriSign to control ".com" domain until 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Article on the reaction in the US Congress during yesterday's hearing to the Verisign deal and the proposed price hikes for .com names:

Quote:Dot-com domain price hike sparks angry debate

A dispute over the cost of internet domain names has spilled over into the US Congress, where allegations of monopolisation and unreasonable price hikes surfaced in a congressional hearing on Wednesday...

Those guaranteed price hikes struck some members of the House of Representatives' Small Business Committee as unreasonable. Rep Sue Kelly, a New York Republican, said: "When you're talking about increased prices and you're allowed to do that at VeriSign, I don't know that's going to produce any better safety or security from anyone who's paying that additional cost. And I haven't heard anything today that tells me that would be the case."...

During Wednesday's hearing, domain registrars attacked the deal as a way to let VeriSign milk consumers for the foreseeable future...

full article: http://networks.silicon.com/webwatch/0,3...383,00.htm
Quote:....with particular emphasis on the affect on small businesses
Shouldn't that be "effect"?
                                                Big Grin      Big Grin      Big Grin
* (stars for that PITA scroll bar)
Quote:If I had to give up the latte I bought this morning in order to ensure that reliability remains the same, I'd do it in a heartbeat."

Nothing is important enough to make me want to give up my morning coffee.  Laughing7
Pages: 1 2 3