TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay to add multiseller checkout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:eBay said it will begin testing a new Checkout feature and hopes to have it rolled out across all its global sites by the end of the year. The new Checkout is more streamlined ("3 easy steps") and allows buyers to make changes - such as editing shipping information - and log in to PayPal, without leaving the Checkout process. The ability to pay for all PayPal items from multiple sellers with one payment is also integrated into the new Checkout feature, but like the eBay Express checkout, is limited to a set number of sellers within a single session...

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y07/m10/i03/s01

video: http://www.ebaychatter.com/the_chatter/2...s-mea.html
Quote: but like the eBay Express checkout, is limited to a set number of sellers within a single session...

They've had over a year to fix that limitation and have done nothing...

Quote:eBay said it will begin testing a new Checkout feature and hopes to have it rolled out across all its global sites by the end of the year.

Oh joy... just in time for the holidays. Should've known they couldn't leave the holiday season alone without introducing new glitches.  Tongue2
Here's the UK announcement:

Quote:**Next generation checkout – a simpler way to pay on eBay*** 

01 October, 2007 | 06:32PM BST

Over the next weeks, we’ll be introducing new checkout pages that should make it simpler to complete your transactions on eBay.

The main change you’ll see is that you’ll be able to log in directly to your PayPal account from eBay to pay for items, rather than having to leave eBay to log in to PayPal separately, as was previously the case.

Other improvements include the ability to pay multiple sellers at the same time, a facelift of the pages to make it easier to see what you need to do, and better integration of postage discounts and coupons.

At present, 5% of members will see the new checkout pages. We’ll increase that over the next few weeks, until 100% of members can use the new checkout, just in time for Christmas.
Quote:Oh joy... just in time for the holidays. Should've known they couldn't leave the holiday season alone without introducing new glitches.

At least the changes they're making this year are just minor: Confusedarcasm1: checkout, search, My eBay, the bidding pages... :blinkie:

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with their englitchments this holiday season.  :turkey1:

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=16566.msg65342#msg65342 date=1191443566]
Quote:Oh joy... just in time for the holidays. Should've known they couldn't leave the holiday season alone without introducing new glitches.

At least the changes they're making this year are just minor: Confusedarcasm1: checkout, search, My eBay, the bidding pages... :blinkie:

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with their englitchments this holiday season.  :turkey1:

[/quote]

LOL... I wish I could get outta Dodge at this point, but its still paying the bills. Just out of curiosity... at the time you dumped eBay, how long had your sites been active? Mine are building traffic/sales slowly but surely, but it gets frustrating at times. I've read quite a bit here on TT and other places about marketing, etc (which I freely admit I suck at). Any pointers or particular posts/threads that you would suggest?
Quote:at the time you dumped eBay, how long had your sites been active?

A long time...we just used eBay as an advertising channel during our final 2 years there.  It was under 2% of our sales in 2005 and early 2006.

It took about 1 1/2 years for revenues at our bargainbloodhound.com site to climb to what we had been doing in our eBay store (silver PS).

Quote:marketing, etc . Any pointers

moving eBay customers to your website: point a domain name at your eBay store (put the domain name on all communications with ebay buyers) and after 1-2 years forward it to your website (this was our best performing "ebay customer stealing" method)

website marketing/increasing sales:
1. link your websites to your web store (useful if you have existing sites with traffic...not so useful if your existing sites receive little traffic)
2. froogle, edgeio, shopwiki, etc
3. blogs
4. store rss feeds
5. study your google analytics reports for trends
6. for ZenCart users: install this http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_p...ntrib_info&cPath=40_41&products_id=702
7. seo
8. etc, etc, etc

Quote:particular posts/threads

particular threads: no, particular categories: yes (SEO, Web 2.0/Blogging, Advertising)  EDIT: and Ecommerce
Quote:A long time...we just used eBay as an advertising channel during our final 2 years there.  It was under 2% of our sales in 2005 and early 2006.

It took about 1 1/2 years for revenues at our bargainbloodhound.com site to climb to what we had been doing in our eBay store (silver PS).

Cool, I'm pretty well on target then. One is 1-1/2 yrs old and the other 6 months... close to half of my eBay sales (I'm steadily Silver PS, Gold for about 3 months/yr).

Quote:moving eBay customers to your website: point a domain name at your eBay store (put the domain name on all communications with ebay buyers) and after 1-2 years forward it to your website (this was our best performing "ebay customer stealing" method)

Holy crap - that is a GREAT idea! Off to take care of that now...

Quote:website marketing/increasing sales:
1. link your websites to your web store (useful if you have existing sites with traffic...not so useful if your existing sites receive little traffic)
2. froogle, edgeio, shopwiki, etc
3. blogs
4. store rss feeds
5. study your google analytics reports for trends
6. for ZenCart users: install this http://www.zen-cart.com/i...40_41&products_id=702
7. seo
8. etc, etc, etc

particular threads: no, particular categories: yes (SEO, Web 2.0/Blogging, Advertising)  EDIT: and Ecommerce

Notworthy Thank you! I'm doing some but definitely will look at the others. And will be reading more,lol....
Quote:at the time you dumped eBay, how long had your sites been active?

4 years