TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Half of all web users will shop online this holiday season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: More than half, or 50.7%, of Internet users will do at least some of their holiday shopping online this year, up from 37.6% last year, Burst Media says in a new report.

The report also notes that 25.6% of online consumers expect to reduce overall holiday spending while only 16.8% plan to increase it this year, placing more importance on the web as a growth channel. ...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=24017
Yay! (for the most part)

Toothy9
I don't like this part:

Quote:The report also notes that 25.6% of online consumers expect to reduce overall holiday spending while only 16.8% plan to increase it this year
More holiday shopping forecasts:

Quote:The Forrester survey suggests shipping costs are a big issue for online consumers, with 61% of respondents saying they are more likely to shop with an e-retailer that offers free shipping. In response to a separate question, 49% agreed that “shipping prices often deter me from buying online.” Product variety also seems to drive consumers to e-commerce sites, with 55% agreeing that “I often find products online that I cannot find anywhere else.”

Consumers tell Forrester they are less inclined this year to pay for frills. Only 26% say they would pay for expedited delivery, versus 45% in the Forrester survey conducted in September 2006. Only 18% say they would pay extra for gift wrap or a gift box, down from 33% last year...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=24084
Quote:Only 26% say they would pay for expedited delivery, versus 45% in the Forrester survey conducted in September 2006. Only 18% say they would pay extra for gift wrap or a gift box, down from 33% last year...

Headbang Headbang Headbang Smile Smile Smile Occasion18 Occasion18 Occasion18

(expedited shipping and gift wrap are a pain in the ass)
We stopped offering expedited shipping when we switched to flat rate shipping.
[quote author=amy link=topic=16632.msg65751#msg65751 date=1192995514]
We stopped offering expedited shipping when we switched to flat rate shipping.
[/quote]

Do you still get the occasional "I have to have it TOMORROW!" customers?

I'm only curious, really... you wouldn't believe how many $5-$15 items we've shipped FedEx Overnight for $30+!

I get a few who want it overnight but not many.
I like this part