TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 10 Rules of Search Campaigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Based on my experience managing search campaigns over my professional career, I've developed a list of 10 overall rules that should always be taken into consideration as search campaigns are planned, launched, optimized and tested:

1) For search-only campaigns, volume is finite; traffic cannot be created nor destroyed
Demand for a service cannot be created in search if the demand is not already there. Other marketing channels including display and offline marketing are necessary to drive awareness, with search assisting to capture the new demand. Similarity, demand cannot be destroyed through search vis-à-vis protests or attempts to discredit another brand.

The takeaway: Search, being an active medium, requires the users to already be aware of, have an interest in, or desire for, a product or service. Thus, search is not the best venue for completely new verticals or very niche verticals that drive very little demand, but it should always be used to help capture awareness driven by other marketing channels...

full article: http://imediaconnection.com/content/16870.asp