TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Australia: Changes to 'Buy It Now"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:**Longer Buy It Now period – Improving your chances of winning that item*** 

We're introducing a change to how Buy It Now (BIN) works within listings that offer both BIN and auction.

As you know, the BIN option automatically disappears from a listing when the first bid is placed. Recent research however suggests that keeping the BIN option available longer could increase your chances of winning the item.

Starting soon the BIN option will remain available until the bidding reaches 50% of the BIN amount. This will be worked out on the actual bids not the maximum bid as entered by a bidder.
US announcement:

Quote:***Updated: Longer-Lasting BIN Tests Expanding to Clothing and Cell Phones*** 

Hi everyone...We recently started testing to determine the optimal length of time to keep the Buy It Now (BIN) option available on a listing, even after a bid is placed. As I've mentioned in my past announcements, we're looking to find the "sweet spot" that offers maximum benefits to both buyers and sellers. See my two previous announcements directly below for all the details.

We've been testing this feature in our Parts & Accessories category on eBay Motors and the Tickets category on eBay.com since late June. We've been encouraged by our results so far, and are going to expand the test. Starting in the next few days, we're going to include two more categories: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, and Cell Phones & PDAs. In addition, we're going to start testing in the same categories on eBay Canada, and site-wide in several international markets.

To keep everyone updated, we'll post to our new thread on the Auction Listings discussion board whenever the BIN rules have been changed during the test.
Quote:Starting soon the BIN option will remain available until the bidding reaches 50% of the BIN amount.

I think BIN should remain until bidding reaches 100%.  Tongue
1. As a buyer, I think bidding should be abolished completely.  Smile
2. As a seller, see #1.  Big Grin
Down with BIN! :twistedevil: