TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: BidChaser to Charge Final Value Fees Starting November 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A non-announcement for most people, but for the lucky 1 or 2 who have sold something on BidChaser:

Quote:As we had mentioned earlier, we were on schedule to begin charging Final Value Fees for items sold in September, but the obvious issues have postponed those plans!

As we get ready to implement the first stages of Bidchaser 2.0 this coming week, we will begin charging those fees as of November 1, 2005.  Your first Invoice will be issued the first week of December, for any fees incurred during November, and will be kept on an updated Account Management System.  You will be able to view it the first week of November simply by logging in to your account.

We want to thank you again for all your support so far, and hope that with this new implementation, we can truly begin our growth and help to increase your sales on the site.

Sincerely,

The Bidchaser Management Team

They have announced this several times before, but because of all the glitches they changed their minds each time. Hmm, maybe they think all the problems are fixed now.  Lol

Boy, I'll tell you, threads are disappearing at a fast rate over at BC! What potential buyers and sellers don't see, or read, won't bother them I guess. [insert see-no-evil monkey icon here]  2funny
Quote:What potential buyers and sellers don't see, or read, won't bother them I guess

Its bothering someone--the number of auction listings has fallen below 2300.
[quote author=Michelle link=topic=981.msg3855#msg3855 date=1130456558]
Boy, I'll tell you, threads are disappearing at a fast rate over at BC! What potential buyers and sellers don't see, or read, won't bother them I guess. [insert see-no-evil monkey icon here]  2funny
[/quote]

Well, I never did register with them, not because of their overly controlling their forums but because of their spam tactics.  Mind you haven't received any of their spam in several months but way back I received so many spam about their site that I will never register with their site.  Even after these past few months of no spam I still won't register.  The damage was done and that's enough for me.
Quote:Even after these past few months of no spam

Me either.  No spam since the Summer.  Maybe Cesar finally figured out that spam drives away more customers than it attracts.

Quote:because of all the glitches

It looks like they still need to iron out the 'relist to sold' glitch.  4/5 of our auctions that ended this week did auto-relist but one didn't. Its an improvement from the 0/5 of a few weeks ago, but...

Our auction items are actually getting more views now, but I'm sure that's because the number of auctions listed on the site is down by almost 75% from its peak while the drop in traffic to the site has been less severe....the remaining eyeballs are able to cover more ground.  Laughing7
Oops, looks like charging the final value fees may have to be halted yet again. It appears that problems still exist (surprise!), other than the perpetual relist problem. From a seller that just joined in early September:

Quote:Would SOMEONE please fix this mess. I do not do going in circles well at all. In fact it makes me very agitated.

Hmm, another soon to disappear post?  Lol

Leo just responded to that post

Leo Wrote:My apologies for the breakdown in communication. Our bulk loading application was out of commission for a while, but our development team finally has it back on track

I'm not sure what the definition of "a while" is since I tried using the bulklister 4 or 5 months ago and it didn't work then, and from what I've read on their boards it hasn't worked at any point since then.