TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay's Bill Cobb Opens the Door to Volume Pricing Discounts For Large Sellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:In answering a question about eBay's long-held "level playing field" philosophy, Bill Cobb opened the door to volume-pricing for large sellers. The needs of eBay's largest sellers, business sellers, are real, Bill said. "We are looking at things we've never looked at before, but the notion of equal opportunity has to stay with us forever more." Bill said eBay has probably overused the term level playing field...

Bill Cobb said he had talked to eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, and that Pierre said he never intended for the term level playing field to indicate the site would never offer volume discounts...

full article: http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blo...26655.html
The only volume discount that would entice me to sell on eBay would be an Amazon style monthly subscription plan.  Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=16745.msg65923#msg65923 date=1193674197]
The only volume discount that would entice me to sell on eBay would be an Amazon style monthly subscription plan.  Smile
[/quote]

Even that wouldn't be enough to lure me back.  ;D
125 negatives --> [Image: 2786.jpg]