TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: How Dumb Is Too Dumb to Operate a Computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:... it's also worth asking whether computer users should be required to demonstrate some level of competence before being allowed to connect to the Internet. As Petkov says, users will approve anything just to get a game to run, for example. "This type of attack is by far the simplest to perform and does not rely on any particular kind of vulnerability," he said in his post.

Actually, there is a vulnerability: the computer user.

full article: http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main...s_too.html
Quote:whether computer users should be required to demonstrate some level of competence before being allowed to connect to the Internet.

I'm in favor of mandatory testing.  :twistedevil:
Proven fact: 99% of all phishing victims are unable to correctly use the words your and you're, or sales and sells.  Violent5
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=16746.msg65901#msg65901 date=1193588326]
Proven fact: 99% of all phishing victims are unable to correctly use the words your and you're, or sales and sells.  Violent5
[/quote]

Happy001

And then there is smart enough to use it, but too boinking stupid to use it wisely...........Arizona comes to mind. :Smile
[quote author=regic link=topic=16746.msg65900#msg65900 date=1193585255]
Quote:whether computer users should be required to demonstrate some level of competence before being allowed to connect to the Internet.

I'm in favor of mandatory testing.  :twistedevil:
[/quote]

Today I'm in favor of Mandatory IQ tests.  130* should be the minimum needed to access the Internet or have children**.

*130 is 2X the estimated average IQ of the tards who were waiting on line at the post office this morning.  BangHead
**the tards waiting on line at the post office had screaming tardbrats

Sunny Sunny Sunny
One of the things I liked about the pre-WWW Internet was that there weren't any...ummm...morons.  Gopher space and the rest of the Internet was a moron free zone...unlike today's World Wide Web .  Laughing7