TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Successful Amazon Selling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:What do you think the future holds for eBay and Amazon?

Ooh…Tough one. I see a big future in new fixed-price commerce. I feel most barn and attic finds have been found and I actually think there is a limit to auction fever. I think the Amazon Pay-Per-Sale (PPS) model will become more prevalent in the future and I’m not sure if eBay can make the leap to PPS without destroying auctions. I see increased competition for eBay in the fixed-price market with players like Neweggmall jumping into the action soon. eBay may become smaller as fixed-price commodity sellers flee to platforms with better pricing structures and fewer hoops to jump through to continue selling...

Amazon is forcing eBay to rethink its marketplace fees. This is good for sellers and also buyers--lower seller fees mean lower prices!...

full article: http://www.americanchronicle.com/article...leID=41239
Quote:I actually think there is a limit to auction fever.

That limit was reached a few years ago in the US.

Quote:eBay may become smaller as fixed-price commodity sellers flee to platforms with better pricing structures and fewer hoops to jump through to continue selling...

The [ever changing] hoops, not fees, were my biggest complaint about selling on eBay.